Looking for 'decent quality' 4-6" 3.5 to 3.5mm jack interconnect
Oct 21, 2008 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Coop

500+ Head-Fier
I was going to post a WTB thread, but I don't have enough posts yet. So I had the choice between spamming the forums until the minimum postcount is reached, or just ask my question in a single post in another section of the forum. I don't like spam, so here we go...

I've been looking everywhere, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Hopefully you guys & gals can help me out...

I'm looking for: a 3.5mm male jack to 3.5mm male jack interconnect, about 4"-6" long, in a decent, reliable quality.

I want to use it for my portable (Sansa e280 v2 + Fiio E3 amp + whatever headphones I'm using at the time), so uber high end quality is not needed. I don't mind putting it together myself, so just some decent plugs and a bit of cable would do just fine too.

Unfortunately, the local shops here only have 2 kinds of interconnect, the el cheapo crap or the aforementioned uber high end. And none in the length I prefer (60cm was the shortest I could find). And the parts store here won't sell me cable in lenghts shorter than 1 meter, which is a bit too much for a 4"-6" interconnect.

So who can tell me where to get such a cable? Or the parts? Or maybe someone has something laying around that they don't use anymore?
I'm in the Netherlands, so I need a seller that will ship there.

Thanks for your help!

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 6
Randy at brainsalad

brainsalad@brainsaladaudio.com

ships all over the world, and makes audiophile mini-to-mini ICs without being overly expensive. They are rugged but still flexible. He will give you straight or right-angle plugs, or one of each, and will cut to your exact length. Map out exactly what you need, and he'll make it happen.

He also contributes prizes to our meets, so all-around he is worth supporting.

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 6
I would also like a couple of 3.5 to3.5 male to male coupler plug to plug not jack to jack. I want to connect my shuffle directly to my Travagans with a solid coupler NO Wires !

Here's one I made by soldering two plugs together

2j0bm1h.jpg

Anyone have ideas

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #5 of 6
I have found the parts I need at a local shop. I got a good deal on some Neutrik connectors and some Kimber Tonik cable.

Any hints or tips that might make my life a bit easier when putting the lot together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back