Looking for closed, over ear headphones for listening to Thrash/speed/heavy metal for under $200.
Sep 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cubercaleb

New Head-Fier
Recently I have been looking into getting new headphones for on the go (bus, study hall, general listening, etc) I currently use Sony MDR ZX100's so anything would be an improvement. I will be using these with my iPod and don't plan on getting a amp/sound card. Closed headphones are preferred as I don't want sound leaking in/out. As I said in the title the budget is $200 USD, the closer to $100 the better. I listen to a lot of rock/metal but mostly speed/thrash. I heard the ATH M50S are good for fast paced music, but aren't to accurate and are a bit bass heavy, People have recommended the Sure 850's because they are accurate, however they (from what I heard) are better for slower paced music and are a bit heavy and not as durable as other headphones. I was also recommended the Sennhesier HD25 - II but from first glance seem over ear, which I find to slip off my head easy. What would be best for me? Ohh I might also plug the headphones into my bass amp so that I can play my bass late at night without disturbing my parents/sister,  the M50S might suite me best for this and I heard that reducing the bass in the EQ makes the bass a lot less intense but I am still not sure...

Help is appreciated! Thanks ahead of time!

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 2
speeeeeed....KRK KNS8400. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back