Looking for *cheap* general earphones
Sep 15, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #32 of 41
Those Chrome/ Google translation don't work properly, if at all. Just try translating. For an audience who don't know the chinese scripts, it's frustrating. I get my chinese friends help if I have to translate anything from that site.

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #33 of 41
Those Chrome/ Google translation don't work properly, if at all. Just try translating. For an audience who don't know the chinese scripts, it's frustrating. I get my chinese friends help if I have to translate anything from that site.

It is better than nothing, and few people have Chinese friends to do the translation

The machine translation will clear the fog enough so that one can understand what is on the page, and navigate.

Just try translating. For an audience who don't know the chinese scripts, it's frustrating.

"an audience who don't know the chinese "

That's 82% of all humans. The Chinese language is nearly impossible to learn or takes years or decades to get to the point where one would be on month ONE of learning Spanish, French, anything.

Google Translate with a Chrome browser will allow normal people to have some functionality on TaoBao and other ZH sites.
Without those tools, it will take decades to learn the language well enough to use that site.

The OP should use those tools.

If you are a super-genius and can learn Chinese in a few months, then you don't need those tools.
Normal people need them.

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #34 of 41
I tried searching for an IEM on that site and ended up with a listing of mountain bike parts. Really, the translation most of the time is next to useless. Sure if your choice is between 'not understanding anything' or 'not comprehending the translation', the later is a better choice.

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #35 of 41
(Removed as Zamorin not deserving of help.)

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #36 of 41
Your prior statement was:

Any Chrome browser and Google Translate will fix that in an instant.

At least we can now agree that it cannot be fixed in an instant since you went through all the trouble as stated in your latest post.

Edit: marone has removed his contradictory post above.

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #37 of 41
At least we can now agree that it cannot be fixed in an instant since you went through all the trouble as stated in your latest post.

I won't help you with that attitude.

You are young, rude, and not deserving of my time.

Goodbye.

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #38 of 41
First off, I wasn't asking for your help. Secondly you were the one who is rude with your condescending remarks(check your responses). Thirdly you are contradicting yourself in your posts (which you have now removed). 

Anyway I appreciate your contribution regardless of what you think of me. BTW, I'm most likely older than you.

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #39 of 41
Sep 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #40 of 41
O.K, then I'm younger 
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #41 of 41
Unless you are in your mid-60's, you aren't.

That's really irrelevant. If you do not want to help some one then just leave the thread. Insuilting them is not allowed here at head fi,

That said, the SHure 840 and 440 are both very VERY nice closed cans that work well with most any genre! 

The Shure 440 is about $100  new, and you can get a used 840 for around that price as well 

Sadly there do not seem to be any one the market right now, but both of the shures makes very nice all arounders! As does the Koss DJ 200 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back