Looking for cheap amp für X-Fi soundcard.
Mar 25, 2008 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cdbee

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm a new user at this board and I come from Germany. I am looking for a headphone amp.

I have a Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music as a soundcard. I still need to buy a headphone. Very likely it will require an amp. Headphone could be HD650, AKG K701 or BT880.

But the Amp should only cost about 50 Euro, so as cheap as possible, since I do not have that much money left. But for that amount of money it should offer the best possible quality in music. The amp does -not- need to be portable, although it can be. It should not require batteries or accus, it's just for my PC really. I also have no technical knowledge really on how to mod stuff or build an amp from scratch. I am willing to buy from ebay, even buy from the US. I have read about Cmoy and BTech amps but I really don't know which would give me the most quality for my money.

I have this link, but really not sure if this the best possible thing I can buy, and not sure which modifications i should request from the seller:

Biosciencegeek Headphone Amplifier cMOY Premium Amp bei eBay.de: Other Portable Audio (endet 31.03.08 02:02:24 MESZ)

There are also some other cmoy products up on ebay but not sure what to buy.

Please help me.

cdbee

PS. Now some people will ask me why i want to have the combination of gaming soundcard, high quality headphones and low quality amp. My PC is for 60% listening to music, 30% gaming and 10% films. That, together with my restricted money, should answer it i think
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #3 of 3
just do a mod on the dac for the x-fi, buy the headphones and save up for something better than a cmoy, especially for driving those headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back