Looking for cans under $500
Dec 28, 2016 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Electro

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody, it's been a while since I've posted on this forum but I'm back to ask for some help from people who know what they're talking about!

I currently own a pair of V-MODA Crossfade M-100 and have had them for over 3 years now. I amp them with a FiiO E11. They sound pretty good but I'm definitely looking for an upgrade. I was thinking about the Sennheiser HD700 but they get mixed reviews, any thoughts on those cans and any others you would recommend would be great. I would of course be willing to get a new amp to go along with them. I have a budget of around $450. I listen to all ranges of music, but most often I listen to rock, alt rock, acoustic, metal, hip-hop and various genres of electronic. Classical is an occasional favorite too. Preferably something with a rich, deep bass and a non-muddy, wide sound but anything you would care to suggest would be appreciated. Thanks to anybody who takes the time to respond.

P.S. I'm also a cinephile and enjoy watching movies with my cans, and I will watch the occasional podcast. 

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 6
Beyerdynamic T90, get some used ones off eBay.
The E11 can easy drive them, what are you using as a DAC?

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 6
No need for used, it appears they are well within my budget on Amazon. I'm not currently using a DAC, I was just using the amp with my V-MODAs because it was recommended to me by someone, was a cheap option and significantly improved the sound quality. I'd be happy with a recommendation for a DAC if you have one.

Dec 28, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 6
  No need for used, it appears they are well within my budget on Amazon. I'm not currently using a DAC, I was just using the amp with my V-MODAs because it was recommended to me by someone, was a cheap option and significantly improved the sound quality. I'd be happy with a recommendation for a DAC if you have one.

Hifimediy, something on the $42-$70 range.
http://hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs?sort=p.price&order=ASC

Dec 28, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #5 of 6
I will suggest Bowwrs & Wilkins P7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back