Looking for Beyer T1's.
Aug 28, 2023 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

N3XED

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for beyer T1's, but unsure which generation to use. The t1 1st genes interest me because they are 600 ohms. And Having heard the 600 DT 880's *very* recently and thoroughly enjoying them. Especially the punchy-ness of EQ bass. (So I thought maybe it'd be the same with T!'s? Idk) Considering there's a few generations of them, and each has there difference, I want an Idea of what yawl have experienced and what you prefer.

So posts your comments and experiences away! Things like amp pairings as well are welcomed.

Aug 30, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 5
I had the Gen1 and it was pretty good, but dated now with the tech for IEMs and planars have gotten so good. Currently my Ananda Stealth beats them and the Arya Stealth does it by a large margin in every category. Haven't tried the new 32 ohm gen3 but not very hopeful.

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 5
T1.1 were good for their time. Now I find them mid-fi at best technically, not sure they are worth asking price, there are much better cans around.
Looks like neither Beyerdynamic nor Sennheiser industry leaders anymore, HD800 still good for sheer technicalities (details, soundstage) but anemic treble tipped tuning is quite a detractor for most genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back