Looking for best sub-200 USD cans (details inside)
Jun 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NinjaQuick

Head-Fier
Hey.

So, I recently broke my headphones at work, and while they did the trick for my old tasks, I now find myself needing more clarity and accuracy.

I do sound mixing / engineering for a AAA game studio, and that is really only recently my task (previously QA).

However, most of my time is actually spent coding, so I need something that also renders music 'excitedly'.

My budget tops out at 200, not a penny more.

I can't use anything that needs an amp, unless the amp and headphones combined cost less than 200.

This is the budget my boss gave me (what he spent on his cans way back when). He says 'mine are good enough, so get something for 200'.

Anyways, what say you?

Jun 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 3
Something closed back, or is your work area quiet? Put 50 of your own dollars to the budget?

Closed headphones...Hmm, 200 - 250 is Sennheiser HD-25-1 ii or HD 26 Pro territory. Beyerdynamic DT-770 as well as the mentioned COPs or even the DT 1350s could fit he bill. Beyerdynamics MMX 300 is basically a 770 with a great mic on it, still the worlds best headset really, but its around 300$... But a geeks delight.

Make sure you order somewhere that has a return policy in case you don't like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back