Looking for Beats by Dre tour... Are these real???
Oct 12, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #16 of 33
oh, you know what I forgot about? http://www.head-fi.org/t/567700/ath-w1000-w1000x-akg702-monster-turbine I had them bookmarked
tongue.gif

$70 BNIB. And these are the ones with the improved strain relief. Just PM him asking if he still has them, then give him your address and send the money via PayPal.

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #17 of 33
Oct 12, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #19 of 33

Quote:
oh, you know what I forgot about? http://www.head-fi.org/t/567700/ath-w1000-w1000x-akg702-monster-turbine I had them bookmarked
tongue.gif

$70 BNIB. And these are the ones with the improved strain relief. Just PM him asking if he still has them, then give him your address and send the money via PayPal.

Thanks, I sent him a pm, if they turn out be authentic, new and unopened in the box, i'm definitely going to get these. can't seem to find turbines for under a $100 anywhere new.  

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #20 of 33
I've got a question about the Monster Turbines that are refurbished from the Monster Outlet Store.

Does anyone that has purchased these IEMS from the outlet store know if these are the ones with improved strain reliefs or the older model with the.. pretty awful strain reliefs?

Thanks in advance :)

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #21 of 33

Quote:
I've got a question about the Monster Turbines that are refurbished from the Monster Outlet Store.

Does anyone that has purchased these IEMS from the outlet store know if these are the ones with improved strain reliefs or the older model with the.. pretty awful strain reliefs?

Thanks in advance :)

They could be either, so it's really a tossup... I know back in March when I purchased a refurb pair they were the first version with the crappy strain relief. However, there has been people who received the improved strain relief version. Best of luck 
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #22 of 33
I'd recommend hifiman RE-0 or RE-ZEROs for under $100, they're pretty much the best bang for your buck under the $100 price point!

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #23 of 33

Quote:
I'd recommend hifiman RE-0 or RE-ZEROs for under $100, they're pretty much the best bang for your buck under the $100 price point!

Not for bass they aren't. I think he's looking for a very bass heavy IEM, so the RE series would be far south of what I would recommend if he wants bass.

The Turbines are a good pick, but beware of build quality issues as well as driver flex. Those two things made me personally hate the Turbine line...

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #24 of 33

Quote:
They could be either, so it's really a tossup... I know back in March when I purchased a refurb pair they were the first version with the crappy strain relief. However, there has been people who received the improved strain relief version. Best of luck 
wink.gif

Do you know if there is a 100% surefire way that I could get them with the improved strain reliefs without having to pay retail or buy from someone used (cant do that atm). If there isn't I'll just buy from the outlet store or wait until I can buy used from someone off here or something.

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #25 of 33
That site the OP linked to does look pretty cheezy, but in all fairness, that list of "blacklisted sites" Monster publishes on its site is just as cheezy.  It's ridiculously all-encompassing.  It basically includes any retailer of anything electronic who's not an "authorized" Monster dealer. Some of them are just affiliate sites that link to one of their own authorized dealers!! Plus, they have entire venues listed, like Buy.com, ebay, craigslist, bizrate and next (both of which are not even retailers).  So Sears and Buy.com are selling counterfeits?  I somehow doubt that. If I was Sears, I'd demand evidence or else I'd sue them for libel.  Good Lord!  They even have facebook listed as a blacklisted dealer!!!

For warranty issues, such a list may be useful, but they could have accomplished the same thing with the list of authorized dealers without smearing hundreds of other e-tailers. There's no way in the world that they have documented evidence of counterfeit monster merchandise being sold on all of those sites.  Furthermore, many of those same e-tailers probably sell on Amazon as well, yet Amazon is listed as an authorized dealer.  

I forgot to check if this site is listed.  I wouldn't be surprised.  If there are so many dealers of fake Monster stuff, I'm sure some of it has turned up on the classifieds here.

I'm as anti-fake as the next guy, but that list looks to me like just another typical stupid, greedy Monster marketing gimmick, hence their inclusion of entire sites like ebay in lieu of listing specific sellers that happen to sell through ebay. They'd rather you didn't buy used units. Better to buy their refurbs or, better yet, new ones.

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #26 of 33

Quote:
Do you know if there is a 100% surefire way that I could get them with the improved strain reliefs without having to pay retail or buy from someone used (cant do that atm). If there isn't I'll just buy from the outlet store or wait until I can buy used from someone off here or something.

Nope. Retail or buying them used in the FS thread is the only two ways that you can know for sure that you are getting the revised version.

I like your avatar btw 
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #30 of 33

Quote:

The newer version with the L plug is being sold on Amazon I believe, my turbines came with the L plug when I bought them from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back