Looking for Beats by Dre tour... Are these real???
Oct 5, 2011 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

torred charger

New Head-Fier
Hey fellas, new member from the motor city. Home of eminem, detroit muscle (Dodge of course!) and the lions, tigers, and wolverines!! 

Ok so, now that the intro is out of the way, I was looking for a set of Dre tour in ear headphones, but I did my research and i realized there are A LOT of fakes out there, that come with box and all.  They're $150 on legit websites, but I don't want to spend that much on headphones.  I was hoping you guys could help me find a pair of new REAL AND AUTHORIZED Dre Tour in ear headphones. I don't want to spend more than $80, but I also understand there are many fakes from China out there being advertised for prices like this... I did encounter these Dre tour headphones, could you guys give me an opinion on whether you think the website is legit and if these are the REAL DEAL DRE TOUR HEADPHONES??. Thanks in advance for all the help, I'm usually on chargerforums, never been on a headphones forum, so it's kind of awkward, but I needed opinions from the expert.

Here is the link to the dre tour headphones.... are they real or not?? I really can't tell.

http://www.cheapbeatsdreusa.com/products_all.html?page=3&disp_order=1

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 33
Probably not. Just look at the other products advertised and the domain and the contact adress.

But you're lucky that the Beats in-ears are probably the worst ones you can get for that price. Everything else will be loads better, as long as you are not buying earbuds or other crap with bad design.

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 33
then what would you recommend and from what website?? I'm looking to get really good sound quality and INCREDIBLE bass with in ear earphones. I stil wanna go with dre, so what would you recommend, it'd be great if you could provide a link .

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 33
Oct 5, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 33
It seems to me that your just getting beats for the brand name. After trying out the Monster Beats and Solos, I wouldn't recommend either of them. Don't fall for the marketing schemes.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #9 of 33
No the website looks fishy. If you have used the search feature before creating this thread, you would have known why the Head-Fi community hated the Beats.

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #10 of 33

Quote:
http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp

Buy a refurb Turbine from the official outlet store. I think it'll suit your needs just fine.

Wow, $50 for Turbines is one hell of a deal OP. I think they would be a very good choice for you. I've heard them before and I think they're my personal favorite IEM under $100. And although I have not heard the Beats Tours, I'm pretty sure the Turbines are a better value. But, ymmv.

And I'm just taking a guess here (merely based on the fact that you're new here) that you haven't used In-ear headphones or In-ear monitors (IEMs). Most people who have never used them, will use them wrong. You will often see many bad reviews on IEMs where the person is complaining that they sound like trash and have no bass. This is because you have to insert them in your ear canal, like ear plugs. Also make sure you experiment with different tips to find out which is the right size for you.

And, welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #12 of 33

Quote:
if i buy the refurbished ones, will i still get all the accessories and the box that comes with it??

Pulled off of their website

"Some items will be shipped in poly-bags, NOT original boxes. Products may be refurbished or no-frills packaged as noted in their descriptions."

However, the Turbines only say "Refurbished" not "No-Frills". I don't see how they could ship something like that in a bag anyway especially since they have to include the tips, they probably only do that with cables. So, you should get a box, and it probably has all the accessories and documentation, but it may be just a generic box, something similar to what Apple does with their refurbished products.

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #15 of 33
there probably 99% legit from amazon the seller seems to have good feedback.

i you were determined to go monster id take the refurbs, iv had them and they came unboxed but with tips etc but who gives a crap its half the price, your paying another $50 for craptastic case and a cardboard box.  There average headphones, i actually have a set of 10 dollar asaki that i picked up that sound way better than the monsters.

If your gonna sped 100 you may as well check the forum for whats better,  and there is much better for that price...... can i suggest the soundmagic e10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back