looking for bass heavy headphones
May 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:
I've heard very good things about the 660, it might be a hidden gem. David Mahler (hope I spelled his name correctly) posted about how much he enjoyed the 660s, saying for him they were the best cans for classical music and a great value in general. Let us know your impressions. Where did you find them and for how much?

http://www.amazon.com/electronics/dp/B000Y03A3A Thats the best price i can find and at least very much cheaper than anywhere in my country, here its 166€ ($215) so i think that $176 really is a good price. I currently have really difficult times with money so i might not be buying it anytime soon, maybe in a few months if im able to. But when i buy i will tell my impressions.

May 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #17 of 32
Don't we all. :) I recommend to look on the selling/trading part of head-fi daily and if nothing pops up, make post over there saying that you are looking to buy some and somebody might contact you and you can get them cheaper that way. Hope this helps.

May 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #18 of 32
I was listening to the m100 today...the bass was so punchy I feel like my brain is being punched constantly with its sound waves. I don't really get that with my lps, m80 or even the xb1000 :p

It's pretty amazing

May 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:
I've heard very good things about the 660, it might be a hidden gem. David Mahler (hope I spelled his name correctly) posted about how much he enjoyed the 660s, saying for him they were the best cans for classical music and a great value in general. Let us know your impressions. Where did you find them and for how much?

Hmm, i thought i already posted a reply for you but seems like i didnt submit it then. I searched for them in amazon, has much better prices than any store in my country. Earlier i was saying that my money situation is very difficult at the moment but i will share my impressions as soon as im able to buy them, might take months tho, not able to buy anything so expensive anytime soon, sorry for that..so you may get bored waiting for my review :D but in some online shop website they said you can return the product if you dont like it. So if your buying this and have the money, i'd suggest to buy it from there, if its good and you like it but the price was higher than in amazon, you could return it and buy it again from amazon (i think amazon doesnt support returning the products, couldnt find that information from there. correct me if im wrong)... 
link for the headphones: http://www.amazon.com/electronics/dp/B000Y03A3A
i think this price is very good, in my country the cheapest i found was 166€ / $215 and in amazon it seems to be $171 now, it was higher earlier today.

EDIT: nopes i didnt notice that this thread already has 2 pages haha :wink:

May 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:
I was listening to the m100 today...the bass was so punchy I feel like my brain is being punched constantly with its sound waves. I don't really get that with my lps, m80 or even the xb1000
tongue.gif

It's pretty amazing

Yeah i got that feeling too with xb700's and just loved it :D actually people say xb700 is bassier than xb1000 but idk

May 31, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #22 of 32
Been playing around with the Marshall Monitor headphones the past two days and they have a lot less bass than the majors, so no go

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #24 of 32
Alright guys, i went to a local home electronics store, i listened to many headphones, including DT 660. It didnt really have any bass so i ignored it but the sound quality was awesome tho, so clear. And they were very comfortable. So i changed my mind, they had Shure SRH-750-DJ, i loved it, and i ordered it. Those had really impressive bass, i'd say DT 660 had better mids and are more comfortable but overall i liked shure the most. Much louder and you can feel the bass..and as you can expect from dj headphones, they sound very clear, you can hear every little detail. Now i just gotta wait for 1-3 weeks..the worst part.

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #25 of 32
Alright guys, i went to a local home electronics store, i listened to many headphones, including DT 660. It didnt really have any bass so i ignored it but the sound quality was awesome tho, so clear. And they were very comfortable. So i changed my mind, they had Shure SRH-750-DJ, i loved it, and i ordered it. Those had really impressive bass, i'd say DT 660 had better mids and are more comfortable but overall i liked shure the most. Much louder and you can feel the bass..and as you can expect from dj headphones, they sound very clear, you can hear every little detail. Now i just gotta wait for 1-3 weeks..the worst part.

Glad to hear that you've found something you will enjoy. I'm sure the wait will be worth it :wink:

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Waiting is the worst. I am glad you got a headphone that you like and that you were able to go and try others out. Tell us how you like them when they come in!

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #28 of 32
Still waiting for them to arrive, i got the feeling that they will never even get those so i changed the order, now waiting for Allen & Heath Xone XD-53 
atsmile.gif
 pretty expensive but can pay monthly so not a problem.

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #29 of 32
A few days ago i changed my mind and changed the order again 
size]
 im getting sony xb910 and should get them tomorrow. First i really disliked sonys new xb line but i did take a look at them many times before i started liking them...but will see.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #30 of 32
Alright well i picked the headphones up 10 mins ago and my first impressions..the bass..its absolutely tremendous! The headband is a little uncomfortable and as its pretty warm here (+30c) my ears sweat after 5 minutes of use. But im so happy for these. If theres some basshead reading this, i seriously suggest these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back