Looking for an IEM
Jul 17, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #16 of 25
I had the se215. Paying about $20 more and got the rha which sounded cleaner and airer at the same time didn't like them. I got the fidelio s2 where you can find them used for like $70, There pretty Netural.

Thanks for the suggestion. I like the look of the fidelio but I'm going to be in a dorm so I'd prefer a closed back.

Jul 17, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #17 of 25
The thing that scares me about the im70 is the plastic and wires. I beat the crap out of everything I own so I need things that are really durable as well. That's what I like about the Yamahas. Do you have experience with them or the sennheiser momentum in ear?

I have no experience with either of those IEMs. Sorry.

The whole IM line by Audio Technica is very sturdy. More than that, the cable is replaceable, if the worst should happen. And replacements are easily found all over the internet.

As much as I like the Klipsch X7, it suffers from awful microphonics, much like all down-hanging cable designs, including the R6. The slightest brush of your shirt against the cable is loud and distracting. What's great about IEMs with cables that wrap around your ear, is the contact with your flesh absorbs nearly all the vibrations running up the cable. You can move around without a shirt clip, and you rarely hear any cable noise.

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #18 of 25
I have no experience with either of those IEMs. Sorry.

The whole IM line by Audio Technica is very sturdy. More than that, the cable is replaceable, if the worst should happen. And replacements are easily found all over the internet.

As much as I like the Klipsch X7, it suffers from awful microphonics, much like all down-hanging cable designs, including the R6. The slightest brush of your shirt against the cable is loud and distracting. What's great about IEMs with cables that wrap around your ear, is the contact with your flesh absorbs nearly all the vibrations running up the cable. You can move around without a shirt clip, and you rarely hear any cable noise.

Thanks for the info. I haven't down to the Yamaha, sennheiser, and the AT, as well as possibly the se215k. I love the metal on the Yamaha and senns but I haven't been able to find anyone who has used them. I also haven't had anyone comment extensively on the se215. I need to do some narrowing. Thanks again!

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #19 of 25
After a bit of reading, I don't think I'll go with the Yamaha because (as much as it pains me to say) those triple flanges go waaaay up there and I don't think I'm ready for that yet. I prefer just the tip and that's it for now. So I'm in between the senns and the ATs. From what I can gather the sens are a fast v shaped iem that would sound similar to my beats, but I don't know if I want that really. Both sound so great. Gah I need help. Should I post something in the in ear forum?

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #20 of 25
The thing that scares me about the im70 is the plastic and wires. I beat the crap out of everything I own so I need things that are really durable as well. That's what I like about the Yamahas. Do you have experience with them or the sennheiser momentum in ear?

I had them for little bit. I heard they have cord issues and they are kinda veil sound signature but there is people who like them and it could be you. About to triple flang you can change to single to

Here is a review http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/yamaha-eph-100/

He also has a momentum review to http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/sennheiser-momentum-ear/

You can also ask him comparison between those too

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #24 of 25
Maybe I should just get a pair of skullcandy jibs and be done with it. ((That was a joke. I'm using them now and never ever do I want them to be my main iem.) what about that 720. It's a bit more than my price budget but ljokerl reccomended them.

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #25 of 25
Maybe I should just get a pair of skullcandy jibs and be done with it. ((That was a joke. I'm using them now and never ever do I want them to be my main iem.) what about that 720. It's a bit more than my price budget but ljokerl reccomended them.

What I meant to say was the rha ma720. My phone is happy to correct me even when it's wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back