Looking for an IEM that costs up to $150
Oct 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Frydude

New Head-Fier
I did utilize the search function and I'm honestly just as lost as I was lurking the threads so I'm hoping I can get some actual suggestions. The most I can shell out is $150 and I mostly listen to rap and soft rock (I think Coldplay-The Killers are soft rock bands). My Bose inearphones got tangled and broke last night at the gym lol... so I could use a new pair.

Thanks in advance.

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 25
Nuforce NE-6/7. You'll have to tame the bass, though.

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #4 of 25
NE-7M are great, you should also take a look at the Klipsch S4.

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NE-7M are great, you should also take a look at the Klipsch S4.

Take the NE-6 or NE-7M, double the bass, almost double the trebles, add some detail and you have the Klipsch S4 -- it is big and hot -- way too much for me.

The NuForce NE-6 is a great option for only $40. Great for the gym so that the next time they get broken, it's only $40 to replace.

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep they're basically the same phones, any tip that works on the the 7 will work on the 6.

Hrmm 100 CAD for the S4, I think im gonna try them out

About the ne-7m's.....they don't work on some Zen DAP models. So be careful if you ever have a desire to switch for some reason, which I doubt you will.

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Take the NE-6 or NE-7M, double the bass, almost double the trebles, add some detail and you have the Klipsch S4 -- it is big and hot -- way too much for me.

The NuForce NE-6 is a great option for only $40. Great for the gym so that the next time they get broken, it's only $40 to replace.

I agree with this statement.....coming from the ne-7's, the S4's were a bit hot for my tastes starting out. But I've adjusted well enough that there is no reason to take them back.

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #13 of 25
The S4 you can buy them at londondrugs for 100 CAD. NE-7m is pretty expensive in Canada, the im-590 is much cheaper, it has more detail but less bass impact. the NE-6 is not available in Canada, you will have to get them from the USA.

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #15 of 25
Well, yeah, for gym use, I'd go the Klipsch S4 if I was you.
If it isn't for the gym, I'd recommend the JVC HP-FX500 from seyo-shop but they probably won't be the best for gym use due to it's non low-profile form factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back