Looking for an alternative to Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered
Jan 7, 2021 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Ninbura

New Head-Fier
Hey there,

I was so close to picking up some UE Reference Remastered until after I realized I can't get them with an MMCX connector. If I'm going to spend $1000+ on CIEMs I'd like to be able to use them in every situation, including as Bluetooth buds with one of the various fully wireless Bluetooth solutions out there for IEMs.

What's most important to me is getting something with a flat response, but I'd also really love to get something with comparable or even more noise isolation, and preferably within the same price range as the UE RR. I mean what I really want is UE RR with MMCX connectors, shame they don't sell them. I've seen one adapter from Linsoul that converts IPX to MMCX but it does so at a right angle, seemingly nullifying it's utility when paired with something like the Shure RMCE-TW1.

Looking for the flat response because I'd like to use them as portable reference monitors while away from home where I don't have my studio monitors.

Open to any suggestions and really appreciate the help, I'm almost a complete noob when it comes to CIEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back