Looking for an alternative to an iPod
Jun 9, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 28
Do you need the storage space of the classic as that could be a deal breaker right there unfortunately.

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 28
Basically the limit today is generally up to 32 gig.  After that it's down to available mods/sd cards.  So for example you have the clip plus up to 8 gig with 64 gig micro sd card and so on. 

Cheers

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 28
Hm, that may be a nice choice. I'll look into that. If I ever do buy one, it'll be pretty funny when I find out that I'm actually using an MP3 player made by SanDisk, with expandable storage from a SanDisk MicroSD card. 
tongue.gif
 The irony....

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #7 of 28
I would say that Sansa Clip+ is a good choice. You can buy it from Amazon and you have the slot to sd cards, just as the user before me said.

+1 to that. The Clip is a great sounding little player.

BUT! Try before you buy, lest you end up with a player that has http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-loose-headphone-jack/td-p/145627.

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #9 of 28
Clip+ only does about 10hrs on a charge, and build quality is not that great, especially when compared to the iPod classic

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:
Clip+ only does about 10hrs on a charge, and build quality is not that great, especially when compared to the iPod classic

Rockbox will bring that up to 15 or so hours, but build quality vs the Classic is certainly a fair point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back