looking for an affordable bassy CIEM to replace my Dunu dn-1000
Apr 22, 2014 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thug behram

Previously known as canuckavelli
Any suggestions? The dunus are great but my ear canaL's are weird as hell and universals have never fit perfectly. Signature wise I'm looking for something similar to the dn-1000 but with less peaky highs. I'm just worried about BA drivers not being able to produce lows properly as I've been spoiled by the dynamic driver in the DUNU.

So far the alcLair duals XB seems like the best option. Thoughts? What about reshelling the dunus... Possible? Anything else I should know before I move into this upgrade?

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 6
Any suggestions? The dunus are great but my ear canaL's are weird as hell and universals have never fit perfectly. Signature wise I'm looking for something similar to the dn-1000 but with less peaky highs. I'm just worried about BA drivers not being able to produce lows properly as I've been spoiled by the dynamic driver in the DUNU.

So far the alcLair duals XB seems like the best option. Thoughts? What about reshelling the dunus... Possible? Anything else I should know before I move into this upgrade?

canuckavelli, I had this question too; 
I like Overwhelming bass.
Exactly what I'm looking for. Overwhelming bass with soundstage, mid and high quality like {dn-1000} 

which EMI would that be?

Maybe you can look into T-peos H300.

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 6
1964 V8s or JH 16 pros. 

are bassy emphasized CIEMs. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 6
Talking about bassy and easier fit, how about Westone ES5 (or 50)? The vinyl tips they use will change shape a little bit after insertion to fill your ear canal. And the Westone signature is more towards the bassy end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back