Looking for a warm signature wired earbud
Sep 4, 2020 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

macunaima

New Head-Fier
So, im looking for a more mid-bass centered earbud, for around or less than 100$, i want to just put them on and relax to the music, i dont mind if i lose a bit of detail or if its a high impedance headphone

Sep 4, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 9
Are u referring to a earbud or IEM?

11231722.jpg

IEMS (picture on the right) sit within the ear canal whereas earbuds are the picture on the left where the transducer doesn't really enter the ear canal.

IEMS generally have a better seal and hence better isolation and subbass, they also allow music to be played at lower volumes due to the better seal. Earbuds generally have poor isolation and subbass loss, but they have wider soundstages than IEMs.

If it is a midbass centered earbud, you can consider:
NiceHCK B40, FAAEAL Datura Pro, RY4S 300 ohm, RY4S Plus 32 ohm, SMABAT M2 Pro.

Good luck in your search!

Sep 4, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 9
Are u referring to a earbud or IEM?

11231722.jpg

IEMS (picture on the right) sit within the ear canal whereas earbuds are the picture on the left where the transducer doesn't really enter the ear canal.

IEMS generally have a better seal and hence better isolation and subbass, they also allow music to be played at lower volumes due to the better seal. Earbuds generally have poor isolation and subbass loss, but they have wider soundstages than IEMs.

If it is a midbass centered earbud, you can consider:
NiceHCK B40, FAAEAL Datura Pro, RY4S 300 ohm, RY4S Plus 32 ohm, SMABAT M2 Pro.

Good luck in your search!
Thanks ill definitely take a look at them

Sep 4, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 9
If you can locate one, the 2018/2019 K's LB (little bell) has a very nice, warm mid-bassy sound sig that doesn't loose too much detail. Great for rock/hard rock.

May be hard to find now. You'd have to ask sellers to see which version they have, can be checked by box size (small = older 2018/2019, large = newer 2020)

Sep 4, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 9
Shozy Zero’s

Sep 5, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #7 of 9
So, im looking for a more mid-bass centered earbud, for around or less than 100$, i want to just put them on and relax to the music, i dont mind if i lose a bit of detail or if its a high impedance headphone

I've become a fan of the KZ brand. Cheap but quality stuff. KZ ZS10 Pro will give you a warmer/bassier sound signature, but the KZ Terminator will pack more detail in without being overly aggressive. Plus, both of those have a sub $70 price tag.

Sep 5, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #8 of 9
I like KZ as well. The **** Bk2 is a lesser expensive option that still sounds pretty good imo. The Willsound mk2 has more sub bass, but both are warm with some solid presence in the low mids. I've owned more expensive buds. To me they usually come with more high mid presence, and veer to a more analytical sound.

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #9 of 9
I've become a fan of the KZ brand. Cheap but quality stuff. KZ ZS10 Pro will give you a warmer/bassier sound signature, but the KZ Terminator will pack more detail in without being overly aggressive. Plus, both of those have a sub $70 price tag.
I like my kz zs10 pro but i found it to be really harsh to my ears in certain songs, ita really not a pleasant experience after some time, i think im just trebble sensitive, so im trying to avoid these kind of headphones for now on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back