Looking for a upgrade from my Audio Technica ATH-A700s
May 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

grassark

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones about 2.5 years ago. They sound great but they are falling apart - the cord needs to be twisted a certain way in order to hear anything, part of the headband has broken off and the covering over the foam earpieces is peeling off. I am looking for a pair of similar headphones in the $100-$150 price range (preferably as close to $100 as possible). I listen to lots of acoustic rock, classical music and alternative/indie rock - so something that is bass heavy isn't necessary. I will use them on my PC only while sitting at my desk so portablility isn't important but they need to be comfortable. I'd prefer open rather than closed this time around.

I've looked through a lot of threads and I'm not seeing anything that looks good for my price range. Does anyone have any suggestions?

May 1, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 4
Brainwavz HM5, if you enjoy a neutral sound and need an all around-er. But if you're interested in DIY, buy a pair of T50rp's at BHphoto, and buy modding materials, and you'll have an LCD2.

May 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hi everyone. I bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones about 2.5 years ago. They sound great but they are falling apart - the cord needs to be twisted a certain way in order to hear anything, part of the headband has broken off and the covering over the foam earpieces is peeling off. I am looking for a pair of similar headphones in the $100-$150 price range (preferably as close to $100 as possible). I listen to lots of acoustic rock, classical music and alternative/indie rock - so something that is bass heavy isn't necessary. I will use them on my PC only while sitting at my desk so portablility isn't important but they need to be comfortable. I'd prefer open rather than closed this time around.

I've looked through a lot of threads and I'm not seeing anything that looks good for my price range. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Heya,

TAD400

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back