Looking for a Turntable
Sep 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bengron

New Head-Fier
I just got a DAC-Compass the other day and it sounds great! I have Beyerdynamic DT-880s and the compass so far in my collection. But, I recently heard just how good vinyl sounds. Im living in Munich now so there is all kinds of awesome german techno I can find while im here. Does anyone know what turntable would work best with a compass and DT880s?

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #2 of 5
Many turntables would. What is your budget and are you willing to buy used? There are terrific used turntables available.

Also, you would need to buy a phono preamp to go with your setup. You can find them for as little as $30 USD to as much as you want to spend. Be sure to budget for a phono stage, as well.

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #3 of 5
cartridge (mc or mm) are important too.. i have listen to Denon 103 cartridge and i like the overall SQ

analog a bit pricey when you go up the ladder.. it depends on how high you want to go.. LPs (180grams, "audiophile" grade ?) cartridge, tonearm, wires, turntable, phono amp and accessories (LP cleaner machine, etc)..

YMMV

Sep 26, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #4 of 5
For the turntable i'd look either used or in the Project line. Project makes affordable but quality turntables like the Debut or Xpression, and are easily available in Europe.

Then you'll need a phono preamp, something like a Cambridge audio 640P ( 130€ ) would do or even a TC-750, which goes for about 50€.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back