Looking for a trade up from E09k+E17
Dec 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GIR 4

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a trade up from E09k+E17 (currently powering my PC360). It's not that I don't like the quality of my equipment and the Fiio combo is more then enough to power my cans,it's just that well...... I want more. I can't quite explain it, but I want the audio quality to be even better.
So I was thinking about an Asgard2+Bitfrost combo from Schiit, what do you guys think?
Oh yeah, and I'm gonna stick with my cans for now.

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #2 of 6
look at audio gd 15.32

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #3 of 6
  Hey guys,
I'm looking for a trade up from E09k+E17 (currently powering my PC360). It's not that I don't like the quality of my equipment and the Fiio combo is more then enough to power my cans,it's just that well...... I want more. I can't quite explain it, but I want the audio quality to be even better.
So I was thinking about an Asgard2+Bitfrost combo from Schiit, what do you guys think?
Oh yeah, and I'm gonna stick with my cans for now.

I would assume you could "get more" by upgrading the headphones, DT880 or MA900 or Philips Fidelio or AKG Q701, etc.

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #4 of 6
  I would assume you could "get more" by upgrading the headphones, DT880 or MA900 or Philips Fidelio or AKG Q701, etc.

I agree with Purpleangel. By using E 17, I could realize much difference in sound quality from K240 mkii to HE 400.

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 6
Sorry for the long pause,but as I've said before, upgrading my headphones is not an option due to various taxes on importing headphones and speakers to my country,
For now i'll have to go on the Amp\DAC route.... 

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #6 of 6
  Sorry for the long pause,but as I've said before, upgrading my headphones is not an option due to various taxes on importing headphones and speakers to my country,
For now i'll have to go on the Amp\DAC route.... 

The 50-Ohm PC360 are easy to drive and the E09K has way more then enough power to drive them. So can't see a good reason for buying another amplifier.

So what country are you in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back