Looking for a short HD800 cable in Europe.
Jun 18, 2011 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

s4nder

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I'm looking for a replacement cable for my HD800. I want it short, 0,5 - 1 m, preferably full copper. I'd like to keep the price under roughly 300 € and order from Europe if possible.

Is there a provider or cable that meets all these requirements? My research has been fruitless so far.

Thanks

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 8
Perhaps the cardas cable ? 0.5 meters is like € 230,00 and 1 meter is € 260,00. I had 3 meters for € 325,00

pricelist

Jun 19, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Thanks. I guess I'll have to start contacting individual dealers about the availability of a short HD800 Cardas cable. Most places only seem to carry 3 m and longer.

they can order any lenght you want if it is on the pricelist.
if you don't succeed contact www.dimex.nl   ( distributor in the Netherlands , owner's name is Andre. avdb@dimex.nl  )  they will help you out.
My local audio shop ordered it for me.

and for what it is worth , the Cardas makes a nice jump in soundquality over the stockcable albeit the stock one is pretty good.

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for all the help, I managed to order a 1 m Cardas cable from Andre and it sounds excellent. Highs are more refined and there's slightly more bass, a more relaxed and smooth sound overall.

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #7 of 8
Or ask one of the head-fi cable makers to make you a custom one. You'll probably end up a lot cheaper for the same as well

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #8 of 8
I don't have the soldering skills to reterminate a cable, nor do I know anyone who does. I also wanted a full copper cable instead of the stock silver plated copper one. I did get an offer for a DIY cable but I had already ordered the Cardas at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back