LOOKING FOR A PORTABLE MEDIA/MP3 PLAYER WITH THE BEST EQUALIZER
Dec 23, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #16 of 21
Actually Fiio is releasing their entry level DAP - the X1.

Dec 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #17 of 21
+1 for the RockBox'd Sansa Clip Zip. It's cheap, sounds great and has expandable storage via microSDHC or Micro SDXC. The RockBox Parametric EQ is hugely powerful, but takes some time to learn. I'm listening to mine right now.....

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #18 of 21
I rockboxed my Clip Zip but couldn't find the Parametric EQ settings under the Equalizer settings. Is it elsewhere?

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #19 of 21
zamorin, go to settings    sound settings     equalizer   enable eq (yes)     graphic eq   There's also a menu for   simple EQ settings  if you prefer.

Make sure you turn down the precut if you use the EQ to boost.... otherwise you will get some distortion.  

Here's a link to the Rockbox manual.  http://download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-sansaclipzip/rockbox-build.html

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #20 of 21
Ok, I saw the Graphical EQ settings, I thought it would state Parametric EQ settings. Thank you.
beerchug.gif

btw, the settings looks quite complicated.

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #21 of 21
It can be a bit daunting..... The first field is the gain... boost or cut in decibels.

next is the frequency..... lower numbers are lower in pitch.... kick drum thump is around 60hz    guitar edge is about 2.5khz    vocal clarity is around 5khz   cymbals about 5khz up to around 20khz.

The next field is the Q   which determines how specific the adjustment is. A higher number is affecting a smaller range of frequencies and is more specific.  A lower Q value is less specific and affects a wider range if frequencies.  Lower Q values tend to sound more natural and have a greater overall affect on the overall tonality.  if you use a higher Q, things can get to sounding really weird.  Try to stick to the lower half of the range for a more natural sound.

You can just go straight to the simple eq settings if this is too much.....

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back