Looking for a portable Amp/DAC for my M50s
Jan 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JTVD78

New Head-Fier
Right now, I have the ATH-M50s, but both my computer and my phone don't really have enough "Umph"; they just dont power the headphone enough. 
I also want to be able to use the DAC for my speakers in my room. So a headphone out and a line out would be nice. And I need some kind of bass boost. All for under $100. 

So, I've done my research. It seems like either the E7, or the E07K sound perfect. Though, before I buy either one of them, I want to check out any other alternatives. 

I guess I have a couple of questions first.
1) What other alternatives are there to the E07K?
2) What exactly is the difference between the E7 and E07K? Is it worth the extra $15?
3) Both of these amps have 2 headphone outs. Can one be used as a headphone(powered) output, and the other as a line out? Can they be used at the same time?
4) What is the point of the LCD screen on these amps?

Thanks guys

Jan 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Right now, I have the ATH-M50s, but both my computer and my phone don't really have enough "Umph"; they just dont power the headphone enough. 
I also want to be able to use the DAC for my speakers in my room. So a headphone out and a line out would be nice. And I need some kind of bass boost. All for under $100. 

So, I've done my research. It seems like either the E7, or the E07K sound perfect. Though, before I buy either one of them, I want to check out any other alternatives. 

I guess I have a couple of questions first.
1) What other alternatives are there to the E07K?
2) What exactly is the difference between the E7 and E07K? Is it worth the extra $15?
3) Both of these amps have 2 headphone outs. Can one be used as a headphone(powered) output, and the other as a line out? Can they be used at the same time?
4) What is the point of the LCD screen on these amps?

Thanks guys

The Fiio E10 comes with a dedicated line-out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back