Looking for a Phono (Miniature)
Apr 15, 2009 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AlwaysAFan

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a phono amp, but to be honest I don't have a lot of experience. I've done a bit of research online and I've found a couple that seem to be good bargains for close to the same price range.

The first one is the Dino MK2 Phono (heres a link STONEAUDIO UK | hi-fi, home cinema, multi-room, design and installation).

Another I Found was the Firestone Phono (slightly cheaper, but Im not sure which is a better amp - link: Korora RIAA Phono Stage | Sound Additions)

I also found a few random other ones but they didn't seem to spark my interest the same as these two did. I only have around 350$ or so to spend - but I'd like some advice. I'm leaning towards the MK2 but the cost being in Euros is a little harsh being Canadian
frown.gif
So we'll see... any advice is really appreciated!

Apr 15, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #3 of 5
Have a look at the Audiogon listings - there are a number of phono stages for $350 or less. I'd recommend going used. You'll get a much better unit for your money than you would buying new.

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the feedback guys

I still haven't settled on anything, looking around for one second hand but still not really sure what I should be buying.

I only get to spend this kind of money once every 6 months to a year (or so says my wife)
tongue.gif
so I hope I nail one that I really end up loving
smily_headphones1.gif

Bumping for more feedback and advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back