Looking for a pair of sealed headphones around ~$150 =D
Dec 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

timidteddy

New Head-Fier
A pair I can take out sometimes to school but mostly home use when I'm in the living room with someone watching TV 6 feet away from my desk. I just need something that has good isolation from the outside and don't sound terrible. I tried the AKG k550 but they don't fit well at all. Currently using the Senn HD558's (only at night when it's quiet in the house) and I really enjoy the soundstage on them. I listen to a wide range of music from EDM to blues and I'm running the schiit magni and modi for my amp+dac setup. 

I'm eyeing the ATH-M50's as they can be had for $122 shipped from amazon (i'm in canada), but I wanna hear if you guys would suggest better phones for teh price. Thanks!

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 3
If you can score a pair of Creative Aurvana Live's for less than 80 dollars, I think it's a better deal than M50s for 122.  I've owned both in the past, and while M50s are more durable and have better isolation, the CAL are more comfortable and has better soundstage imo.

Dec 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Ooh just searched up the creative aurvana live's and they look pretty solid =D Yep I think since boxing day/week is coming up I should hold off and wait for some deals.
                                                                                                                                                        " ()  () "   
Btw wut do you think about the Beyer DT770 pro's (80ohms) ?  kinda interested in the bass it kicks out    ----->  "(O.O)"  <---- head-gasm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back