Looking for a pair of hi-fi bassy "fun" headphones
Nov 11, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #16 of 22
  No the Fostex and EMU teak headphones are sonically dependent on the type of cup it has. The harder the wood, the harder the bass impact.

Buke9 was referring to the Kannons

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #18 of 22
  Ah. My bad. TBH The Kannons seems to be glorified beats.

Nah,

Beats(and SZ2000) are nothing like Kannons.
They are of a hybrid design.They have a tactile driver inside,whose sole purpose is to create bass,in addition to the regular dynamic driver that also handles bass+mids and treble like any other headphone.

The theory is that they can tune the dynamic driver to not be Beats-like,to be more balanced and allow the tactile driver to do the heavy lifting for bass.

Other headphones in the past have tried hybrid designs,AKG K340 and K240 sextetts(I own 4 of them)as well as the newer Enigma Acoustics Dharma...they all have had good and bad points,mainly in when and where and how the crossover begins and how it impacts the sound.

the main difference between the Kannons,AKGs and Dharma is the AKG and Dharma are dynamic/electrostat hybrids and the Kannon is dynamic/shaker,and the Kannon has the ability to adjust just how much bass impact you want,from none to mild to richter scale.....the others do not have the ability to be adjusted.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #19 of 22
No the Fostex and EMU teak headphones are sonically dependent on the type of cup it has. The harder the wood, the harder the bass impact.
I was replying to the first part of his post about the Taction Kannons. I understand about the Emu's heard them at Canlanta I like the teaks also.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #20 of 22
Here is a review of The Kannon done by headfi-er Hawaiian Bad Boy...sound review begins at 11:20

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #22 of 22
  Thanks everyone! I went with the E-MU Ebony and got in on the drop. :)
I'm super excited to try them out, but I'm most likely not going to get them before Christmas.

I couldn't join in on the drop cuz I'll be out of the country when it will be delivered. Massdrop delivery sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back