Looking for a pair of headphones for around $100.
Nov 22, 2011 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Savage3

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new to the headphone world, and with the holidays coming up I would like to buy a quality pair of headphones. The most I've ever spent on  a pair is $60 which were in-ear Klipsch s2's, and I think I would like to move into full sized headphones because sound quality and comfort. I listen to mostly mainstream (top20,etc.), and dubstep. I like bass and the headphones  in the guide from life hacker which price range was $100 did not have a lot of bass. I did like the in-ear headphones of the guide, but I am un-sure of the sound quality between in-ear and full sized. I like more modern looking headphones and more reserved, I quess would be the word (not flashy). My budget could go to $150 but I'm not much of an audiophile at all. I don't know if it matters but I listen off of my iPhone. The cheaper the better! 
Thanks in advance. :)

Nov 22, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #2 of 3
Heya,

Search for information on the following:

Ultrasone HFI 580 (or DJ1)
Shure SRH750 DJ
Panasonic HTF600 (for your needs & inexpensive approach, these are the one I recommend---see my review in my signature by clicking it's model #).
Beyer Dynamic DT770 PRO
Sony XB500
Audio Technica M50

Very best,

Nov 22, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 3
The top phone on the picture is a Pioneer HDJ500. More bass than you would expect and there are 2 other colors. Around $85.. Great sounding. Fairly light and good isolating.  And or the WS55 the one on the right. If you want to read about them you can read my thread/ review on them here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/567012/the-portable-bass-kings-the-pioneer-hdj500-vs-akg-518-le-vs-the-first-look-at-the-new-at-ws55-solid-bass/90#post_7906985

Users who are viewing this thread

Back