looking for a "nightclub in my ears" sound
Jan 10, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #17 of 30
Just to give you a reference:
A good friend of mine is very involved in electronic music (breakcore, techno, dubstep) and produces on a professional level as well. He does gigs with artists like Hecq, Vex'd, Jason Forrest, Drop the Lime etc... He went out looking for IEMs with the same criteria that you do and ended up with the Fischer Audio Eterna. He says these are perfect for this kind of music and absolutely loves them. Punchy, deep, sub-bass and not too harsh for the wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif
Check em out!

Jan 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ksu06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slightly above your price range, but the JVC-Victor FX500 sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

from my experience of nightclubs, especially fabric which is touted as having one of the best soundsystems in Europe (and boy..when the bodywave dancefloor gets packed....), its all about bass and ear screeching treble.
JVC Victors I found to be very nightclub-esque. I wouldn't look for balance with your requirements. I found meelectronics M6's to be extremely good for electronic music, especially techno, but not in the same vain as a nightclub sound.

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #19 of 30
Mark...

You're still intruiging me with the older C751s...

As I just mentioned in another thread, I've just been listening to Timberlands Shock Value II (at full volume on the iPod.... it just has to be done sometimes - at your own peril!!) with the C710s, and I think for that genre / style, and at that volume, that they are absolutely awesome (despite my initial two months or so of loathing!!)...

I wonder which has the best bass (in the basshead sense) between the C710 and C751
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #20 of 30
Fischer Audio Equilibrium, just read this testimonial
biggrin.gif

Quote:

have reviewed the Equilibrium, Eterna and Silver bullet.
SB needs alot of power to make them sound nice.
Eterna is for bass head also needs a lil power to pump it up.
Equilibrium has a unique soundstage - almost 3D like you're listening to music when you're drunk

SB does well with "living" and non synthetic music - sweet mids and ample bass. Genres - Jazz, Classical, Vocals and instrumentals.

Eterna does well if you really love bass - big punchy bass, good enough details to pick apart things. Genres - Rock, Metal, Hip hop/RnB

Equilibrium very very unique 3D imagine, either you love it or you hate it -
Very rounded rumbling bass, good enough details but highs a tad harsh.
Genres - Pop, rock and electronica - if you like to the ambiance of being in a club drunk.

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fischer Audio Equilibrium, just read this testimonial
biggrin.gif

I'm sold
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #22 of 30
wow u guys have been a lot of help. i didnt realize i had so many choices.ive been reading reviews all day
popcorn.gif

ok just based on price, im just gonna knock out the fx500s and UE superfi 5 eb.

i cant find the fischer audio eterna anywhere so that makes it easy for me.

its pretty much between the cks70 and the s4.

on amazon some people are saying that the s4's dont have a lot of bass and others say they do - it's so confusing, but generally the non-consumer site reviews seem to emphasize bass.

well besides that, the cks70 seem to have more bass - the "subwoofer like bass" is really intriguing me.
icon10.gif

the thing that is holding me back is - maybe i should have mentioned this before - id kinda like to be able to run with them, and it seems like the s4's have a better fit and are more suited for this since the cks70s are bigger and possibly more prone to falling out. idk - any views on this?
(this is pretty much the main reason im not going towards a full size headphone again.)

o - and the s4s will ship for free! - money i can use to buy an extension for my laptop for when im in my room
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by macshooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio Technica ATH-CKS70 sounds like it might be what you are looking for. I am still listening to mine before I post my impressions, but one thing I can say for sure is that they have major bass impact. They are certainly not lacking in that department at all, and I think they will satisfy the type of person that likes the thud a 15 inch subwoofer can make you feel in your chest. They also have good sound though out the rest of the spectrum too. I would say that they slightly sound better and have as much bass impact/tighter bass than the Sennheiser HD 212pros, and those have all the bass even a serious bass head could want. Maybe not as tight and accurate as some others, but it more than makes up for that the the bass impact department (if you're into that sort of thing.)

i'd say the cks70 would probably be the most accurate if you're going for a nightclub effect. not like nightclub music has the most detailed treble extension...

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
joker you'd choose the turbines over the S4s even though the turbines have cable issues?

Mine didn't
tongue.gif
. I'm pretty careful with my IEMs. Also, the S4s haven't really been around long enough for us to know how that stringy cord fares in the long run.

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #27 of 30
Jan 11, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #28 of 30
skullcandy titan
biggrin.gif
their bass will make you feel as if someone is jumping on your eardrums
biggrin.gif
THEY are actually not bad as people say here,before i found this site i was listening to them and i got goose bumps that i never got from my ie8 or fx500 listening to the same songs again.ratling thunderous gigantic explosive bass in your ears,but it kinda make the mids cloudy or muddy.

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine didn't
tongue.gif
. I'm pretty careful with my IEMs. Also, the S4s haven't really been around long enough for us to know how that stringy cord fares in the long run.

true that.. if i can cop some for under 100 i'd be happy to pick a pair up... unfortunately doesn't look like that'll be the case soon..

Jan 11, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #30 of 30
I would say the TF10s by U.E. They are good with the bass and treble...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back