Looking for a new player
Nov 13, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #32 of 46
Yes, it's pairs quite nicely. I just sold my J3 and it sounded spectacular w/them, but I need the $$$ and had to sell my baby. I did keep my Panny's tho, and I won't sell 'em.

Quote:
would it work well with cowon j3/s9?

thanks

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #33 of 46
I hope j3/s9 is way better than d2  , I'm very disappointed with my d2 SQ. (Compared to iphone3g or even rockboxed fuze)
Of course, if I only had d2 , I would not know this and be happy with it. =)

Nov 13, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #34 of 46

Quote:
I hope j3/s9 is way better than d2  , I'm very disappointed with my d2 SQ.

I feel the same way about my S:Flo2, my Fuze sounds just as good, and better sometimes to me (depending on music, earphones and how ROCKbox is set up), I'll probably get flamed for saying that
frown.gif

Nov 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #35 of 46
the panasonic hje900 cost over $160 in the UK.

would you recommend something else in the range of 30 and 60 pounds($50-$100) which can be bought in the uk and are good for rap, hip hop and rock.

thanks

Nov 14, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #36 of 46
Your IEM questions will get much better answers in their appropriate section. I hope you've checked out some of the threads linked in my sig - those things are a gold mine of information.

Nov 14, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #37 of 46
i checked the threads in your sig, but its still hard to decide.
i am gonna drop the idea of buying M3 since i will have to pay export duty when i ship it to UK.

Here is a list of earphones i have shortlisted:
Etymotic MC5
Klipsch Image S4
Panasonic HJE900

which one should i get?
thanks
or are all three good choices?

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #39 of 46
Don't worry about import tax if ordering from MP4Nation, my last order was over £200 and I didn't get charged (and I didn't get charged on the 2 other orders before that)

Nov 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #42 of 46
If these are your first semi-decent headphones, I would go for the HJE900. The MC5 is an excellent choice, but its sound signature is Etymotic, which makes it a little harsh for first time users and/or people used to cheap headphones. Out of the HJE900 and S4, the HJE900 has much better reviews and better build quality.

Nov 14, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #45 of 46
... But with a Cowon EQ, bassy is relative. Any half decent headphone can be made to have more bass, brightness, warmth, etc. through the use of an EQ, though it's much harder to go the other way, towards a natural accurate sound, that is why I recommend the Mc5, because it can do both quite well. I still enjoy listening to bass heavy music by Black Eyed Peas... the EQ on my S9 works wonders! Helps me enjoy most any genre without switching earphones, whether that genre requires articulation, treble, bass, vocals, or most anything else, My S9 and Mc5 are quite capable of dishing it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back