Looking for a new player
Nov 12, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #16 of 46
I would not get a colored earphone for the S9. I would instead get an Etymotic Mc5, which sounds more natural than any other at this price. This gives you a sense of realism in your music, after which you can use the EQ to increase bass, treble, ect to you taste. I listened to the Monster Turbine PRO Gold at CanJam... to me the bass sounded thunky and slow, and the rest of the spectrum was neither accurate, nor musical, and for $200, you can easily find an earphone that caters to either of these ideologies, or in the case of a Cowon S9 + Mc5 (my most used earphone) you can have both by using the EQ, all with the best noise isolation in the industry.

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #20 of 46
no... line out is to skip built in amp... to use external amp which should be better than one inside...
so line out has no volume control, instead uses amp's or some external device's volume control
if you plan not to use any external device like amp... you dont need line out

I have cowon d2 , iphone, rockboxed fuze...
value per dollar wise... fuze is superior...
I paid 20 bucks for fuze 4gb and it sounds on par if not better than my d2 which I paid 150 bucks... (to my ears anyway)
only thing is that fuze was refurbished unit and maybe because of that battery life is way shorter than other players...

If I can start all over, I would spend less than 40bucks by getting fuze and get nice IEM with rest of money...
with about 250 bucks..  you can aim for high end universal iem? forgot prices but maybe used um3x / ck 10??

Nov 13, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #23 of 46
klipsch custom 3 is available for only $109 and its orignal price is $299.

Do you think i should get it? is it worth it?
or is brainwavz m3 better for someone who is new into audiophile earphones?

Nov 13, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #30 of 46

Panasonic RP-HJE900 - my recommendation for IEM's, as they're inexpensive for the SQ they produce (compare to $300.00 IEM's), the build quality is for beyond the price they ask for them, and they look and feel spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back