Looking for a new pair of iem.
Aug 15, 2019 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Dustfinger

New Head-Fier
Hello i want to purchase a new pair of iem.
Budget:200-250 $

Source/amp: just my phone,a galaxy s8.
The iems will be used both in home and work.

I'm listening to metal and elctronic music and lots of podcasts.

I currently have the ibasso it01 and they're amaizing but I've wondered, is there anything in the price range above that would make for a noticeable difference in quality?
Thank you.

Aug 15, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 17
There's always the IT01S, which may be more of a sidegrade than an actual upgrade, but you could read about it and see what you think. If you could stretch just a tad, you could possibly get into a Campfire IO, which may be more of an upgrade to the IT01. The other one I thought of is the Kanas Pro, which some people like in this general price range, but coming from an IT01, I think you might be disappointed in the low end.

Aug 15, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 17
There's always the IT01S, which may be more of a sidegrade than an actual upgrade, but you could read about it and see what you think. If you could stretch just a tad, you could possibly get into a Campfire IO, which may be more of an upgrade to the IT01. The other one I thought of is the Kanas Pro, which some people like in this general price range, but coming from an IT01, I think you might be disappointed in the low end.
Thank you for the answer. How does the campfire io compare to massdrop plus?

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #9 of 17
iBasso IT04 is very good IMO and I also like the Campfire Solaris quite a bit, which is a bit more, but sometimes there is B stock available for a decent discount. You might read about them and see what you think. Either would be an upgrade in my opinion.

Aug 16, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #11 of 17
Don’t get the IO. Massive failure of an IEM if I’ve ever seen one :slight_frown:

Aug 17, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #13 of 17
Well thank you for that..what would you recommend? I really liked the it01 and i want an upgrade with the same sound signature is any campfire worth it at 400?

With a same V-shaped sound signature as the it01? Not from Campfire... IO, Polaris 2, and Lyra 2 aren't great, and nothing else really fits that sub-$400 budget.

You might want to look at the Sony XBA-N3AP or try to find a good deal on a EE Bravado or Acoustune HS1650? Massdrop Plus is a bit more neutral but also nice, and I'm sure there are also chi-fi offerings that fit your preferences within your budget. Fearless IEMs seem pretty well liked, though I don't have any personal experience with them.

Aug 17, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 17
Well thank you for that..what would you recommend? I really liked the it01 and i want an upgrade with the same sound signature is any campfire worth it at 400?

Well I haven't heard the IT01, but I have the Audiosense T800 and it is a U shaped sound signature with great clarity/instrument separation/sounstage and details.
It has 8 Knowles BA drivers per side and costs $298 USD. U can read more reviews on the headfi and the Audiosense dedicated forums, but most of the owners there say it can go toe to toe with IEMs that cost ~$500 USD. Even though it is a BA bass, due to a vented subwoofer and tuning, it almost sounds like a DD bass.
The treble is a bit bright, but if you ain't treble sensitive, I think it is a great IEM for price to performance ratio.

Aug 17, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #15 of 17
With a same V-shaped sound signature as the it01? Not from Campfire... IO, Polaris 2, and Lyra 2 aren't great, and nothing else really fits that sub-$400 budget.

You might want to look at the Sony XBA-N3AP or try to find a good deal on a EE Bravado or Acoustune HS1650? Massdrop Plus is a bit more neutral but also nice, and I'm sure there are also chi-fi offerings that fit your preferences within your budget. Fearless IEMs seem pretty well liked, though I don't have any personal experience with them.
Would you say that the massdrop plus worth the price like the it01 is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back