Looking for a new pair of Gaming Headphones. :)
May 29, 2012 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

csf101

Head-Fier
Sorry for mislabeled title, actually looking for a headset. Sorry about that.

Hello everyone,

I've owned my Tritton AX180's for years, and I'm looking for a new headset. ^_^

What I'm looking for a Headset that:

- sounds good
- is compatible with the Xbox 360 for voice chat (preferably the PS3 too, but it's not required)
- has Surround Sound (doesn't matter if it's Virtual or True).
- has very little to no white / hissing noise
- costs <$200.00 for everything
- is a wired headphone

Please exclude the AXPro, AX720, and PX21's from your suggestions, I already tried these headsets, and I wasn't impressed.

Thank you for any suggestions. :)

May 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 7
Get a real pair of headphones and attach a mic to it instead. http://www.modmic.com/ looks nice, I'd get that if I needed a headset. The thing about headsets is they generally pair crappy headphone drivers with crappy mics and then charge out the ass for the convenience. You're much better off getting a good pair of headphones and attaching a mic to them. I recommend the Audio Technica ATH AD700's for gaming. They have the best positional accuracy for $100 or less.

Oct 5, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 7
Get a real pair of headphones and attach a mic to it instead. http://www.modmic.com/ looks nice, I'd get that if I needed a headset. The thing about headsets is they generally pair crappy headphone drivers with crappy mics and then charge out the ass for the convenience. You're much better off getting a good pair of headphones and attaching a mic to them. I recommend the Audio Technica ATH AD700's for gaming. They have the best positional accuracy for $100 or less.

And are they the only ones who make these things i need this.....

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 7
Holy necro batman!

The Modmic is the only microphone of it's type that I've seen. But there are plenty of other styles out there. You can use clip on mics and attach them to the cable or if your headphone has a single entry removable cable there are cables like the V-Moda Boom Pro which has a boom mic integrated. The Modmic is a good mic, I used one for gaming and now my wife is using it for work. Very nice, if you can get one. You can buy it from their site but be prepared for a 4 week or more wait to get one. They're going through a redesign phase right now, working on a new model with a mute button and a couple other tweaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back