Looking for a new mp3 player
Aug 7, 2020 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

8bitHopes

Head-Fier
Hello everyone, based on the previous recommendations' yall have given me I was left extremely satisfied so I decided to trust you guys once again. I have recently bought an iPod Classic 5th Gen hoping it would deliver me the sound quality I was looking for. Sadly it was .. 1 level above my iPhone X if I may put it that way? Maybe a slight bass increase but generally much lower sound clarity and crispness of vocals. Now a little background: I mainly use my phone/ipod in the car through an aux. I like to have lots of bass and decent highs but nothing too sharp since you can imagine the volume gets turned up quite a bit. I recently read on another audio forum that aux source media player doesn't matter in a car and decided to test that out by purchasing a 1$ mp3 player from AliExpress (will be arriving soon to test that out although I highly doubt it will be nearly as good as my phone or iPod). That being said - can you guys recommend an mp3 player that will satisfy my needs and won't cost a fortune - my upper limit is somewhere around 60-70$. Also around that price tag is it just better to stick with my iPhone/iPod since a cheap mp3 player like the ones I'm looking for won't be making a difference? Finally - I'm based in the EU so amazon.com links won't work for me much and my car has base audio quality (nothing too impressive like an AMP or anything else).

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #2 of 4
The Sandisk models have gotten worse over the years but for MP3 they ought to be ok.

Aug 7, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 4
The FiiO M3K might be an option worth looking at, but really you might be best sticking with your iPhone, I don't know that you'll hear much improvement or any

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 4
I see. I will look into those, thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back