Looking for a new MP3 player/seeking repair for my current Ipod classic
Feb 25, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #16 of 33
I see. So I'd buy the thing, then buy a 256 gb separately, then insert it myself? Or do I send it to a technician to install it for me?
You only need to buy a micro SD the size you want when you buy the player (and they come with SD adapters so you can plug them in a SD slot for transferring). Switching cards is really easy with the micro SD slot. You press on the card and it ejects. And there's only one way a card can be inserted.

Feb 25, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #17 of 33
Geez Elegiac, it was an honest question coming from a place where I said I know nothing about these things and that I've had my ipod fixed by people here since I can't do it. You don't have to be insulting with all the commas and talk to me like I'm slow. Very rude.

Feb 25, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #19 of 33
Thank you Dave for giving an actual answer (unlike the other guy) and actually explaining how it works. Hopefully 1 micro card that's 256gb is all I'll need. I see they're not expensive either.
That's the nice thing about having the media on a removable card. Prices for media are always going down. It takes quite a few songs to fill up 256GB, even lossless formats. But if you find you're collecting more cards for whatever reason, it's easy to swap them out. The only main downside I can see is making sure you don't lose the really small cards:)

Apr 2, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #20 of 33
OK, I got my surfans F20 just now but I accidentally bought the wrong micro SD card. IT's too big to fit in the slot. Can you guys tell me which one is theright one? I want either a 128gb, or a 256gb. Reason I'm not sure of which to get is because *I think* the description said that you have to put 2 128gb cards in, instead of only one 256gb card. Can anyone confirm this so I don't waste even more money? lol.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #21 of 33
OK, I got my surfans F20 just now but I accidentally bought the wrong micro SD card. IT's too big to fit in the slot. Can you guys tell me which one is theright one? I want either a 128gb, or a 256gb. Reason I'm not sure of which to get is because *I think* the description said that you have to put 2 128gb cards in, instead of only one 256gb card. Can anyone confirm this so I don't waste even more money? lol.
Are you saying the card is physically too big to fit the slot? If so, and the packaging says its micro SD, there might be a smaller card inside a SD adapter card. I'm not familiar with Surfans F20. This video seems to indicate that it supports up to 256GB micro SD:

Apr 2, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #22 of 33
Listening to my F20 right now :)

Apr 2, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #23 of 33
Hope you figure yours out :fist:

Apr 20, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #25 of 33
Setup always fails. Can't open D drive. All videos on youtube are reviews of the surfans, not how to install music. Can anyone help?
Are you trying to put the new SD card in a card reader on your computer? You may need to first put it in the player, and then connect a USB cord to the computer. The computer should then recognize it as a multimedia device, and in file explorer, you could find a music folder. First having it in the player will setup the proper folder structure. Afterwards, you may be able to use the SD card directly and transfer songs to the music folder.

Apr 22, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #27 of 33
I picked up the tempotec V6 to replace my battery and tarkan SD card upgraded ipod classic. I find it slow to load a large library of FLAC files and nowhere near as user friendly as an ipod. I bought some spare parts on aliexpress and repaired my ipod

May 5, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #28 of 33
I join this thread because it seems to be near to (a part of) my needs: I was considering buying a cheap DAP to play some Flac files (which I undestand let you have good quality, good space, good metadata) for me and my son, in order to make the first steps into hi fi.
One of the question to be solved is which DAP to buy that fits our needs: cheap (80-120€), decent quality, long battery, BT/Wifi, easy and stable software. In my decision sheet I gathered:
- Hifi Walker H2 / Surfans F20 which you talk about here (are they the same stuff?!?)
- Fiio M6 (not easy to find but well known brand)
- FemKey (the cheapest)

What do you think?
Thank you!

Aug 29, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #29 of 33
I join this thread because it seems to be near to (a part of) my needs: I was considering buying a cheap DAP to play some Flac files (which I undestand let you have good quality, good space, good metadata) for me and my son, in order to make the first steps into hi fi.
One of the question to be solved is which DAP to buy that fits our needs: cheap (80-120€), decent quality, long battery, BT/Wifi, easy and stable software. In my decision sheet I gathered:
- Hifi Walker H2 / Surfans F20 which you talk about here (are they the same stuff?!?)
- Fiio M6 (not easy to find but well known brand)
- FemKey (the cheapest)

What do you think?
Thank you!
You really don't need FLAC files for hi-fi.
320Kbps Mp3 files will give you indistinguishable sound; however, if you're skeptical, there are various tests you can take online that will disillusion you of the notion. :)

That said, it's possible that a good DAP can give you superior sound, if for no other reason than they have a better amplifier with more power, which will give you 1) Better volume and 2) no distortion on devices that need a lot of juice to run properly.

The Surfans is a perfect "entry" device, and frankly, unless you just want more features, it'll do the job for even experienced audiophiles. It will also play nearly every audio format, so if you still want FLAC, you will get it.
The Surfans has a 100-step volume control, and is one of the few DAPs remaining with dedicated tactile buttons for all functions. It doesn't even have a touch-screen at all!

Aug 29, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #30 of 33
You really don't need FLAC files for hi-fi.
320Kbps Mp3 files will give you indistinguishable sound; however, if you're skeptical, there are various tests you can take online that will disillusion you of the notion. :)

That said, it's possible that a good DAP can give you superior sound, if for no other reason than they have a better amplifier with more power, which will give you 1) Better volume and 2) no distortion on devices that need a lot of juice to run properly.

The Surfans is a perfect "entry" device, and frankly, unless you just want more features, it'll do the job for even experienced audiophiles. It will also play nearly every audio format, so if you still want FLAC, you will get it.
The Surfans has a 100-step volume control, and is one of the few DAPs remaining with dedicated tactile buttons for all functions. It doesn't even have a touch-screen at all!
LOL
Maybe 'good enough' for an 'MP3 player' but nah. Not saying more on the subject in this thread and enjoy your bliss.:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back