Looking for a new IEM to replace my Monster Pro Coppers
Jan 31, 2014 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DSF767

New Head-Fier
Hey All,

I have had my Monster Turbine Pro Coppers, I have had them for about 3 years and they have been great to me, I picked them up during one of the monster refurbished deals and got them for I think $99 which was a great deal on an IEM that have been great. 

Now I wear these headphone commuting into Boston everyday on the train and then about a half mile walk from the train to work, over time they have slightly stared to show their age, the metal backing has started to come a little loose, the rubber on the strain relief has come apart (though the wire itself is still fine). 

I always take good care of them and wrap them up and put them in their case after every use and as I have said I have gotten about 3 solid years of use so I cannot complain. 

However I just have a feeling after dealing with many IEM's once the strain relief starts to go no matter how well you treat them they might not last, so I want to start thinking of some replacements.

Now I love the natural sound that the pro coppers provide they have a great mid-range and have a very smooth sound, however the part where  find them lacking is on the low end bass, I am not looking for anything with super boomy bass but something with a slightly better low end sound then the coppers provide.

from a build standpoint, I want something that has a good build quality that will be ok going through the wear and tear of a daily commute and be able to stand up to being used heavily, something I can count on and get a similar life span of my pro coppers. Also another thing I don't love about the Pro Coppers are they are heavy, I find myself frequently adjusting them in my ear as walking sometimes shakes them loose. 

I also want something with a detachable cable (so I can replace cable making them more durable) that can be worn straight down as over the ears are a pain with glasses.

I would like to keep my budget in the $100 - $200 range however I am always on the lookout for a deal (like I got on my pro coppers) and would like to keep it as low as possible but I will never pass on quality. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back