Looking for a new gaming headset
Jan 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

chalupa

New Head-Fier
I just found this site recently and can't think of a better place to ask about my new purchase. I'm looking at buying a new gaming headset as my old one (Steelseries Siberia v2) no longer has a working left speaker. I felt my Steelseries Siberia v2 had good sound quality, but after reading a lot of reviews I could definitely upgrade my listening experience. I started out looking at a $80-100 budget, but have looked at Ultrasone Pro 550's and wouldn't be apposed to paying around $150 if it's the right fit for me. I'm an avid music listener and enjoy all genres and want a headset that performs better for music than gaming (I only play League of Legends and Guild Wars currently)

Thanks!

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 7
Do you need the headphones to be closed?

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
I don't really have a preference as I don't know the main difference.

Open = people can hear what your listening to, it makes a lot of sound and you will be able to hear things around you.
The benefit though is a wider soundstage and usually higher sound quality.

Closed = Isolation. No one will hear you and you shouldn't be able to hear anything outside of what your headphone is playing.
The main benefit of this is usually stronger bass.

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #5 of 7
I guess I would prefer closed headphones but it doesn't really matter. I want the best bang for my buck. I liked the Skull Candy SLYR's they seem to be a "bang for you buck" type deal.

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #7 of 7
Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) closed headphones, $80.
If your currently using on-board audio with your computer.
Invest into an Asus Xonar DG sound card, $27.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back