Looking for a HRTF (3D imaging) DSP for windows pc
Apr 6, 2012 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

telecaster

1000+ Head-Fier
I saw the svs realiser is getting all the attention, but is there a DSP based that is doing any good while sounding good?

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 9
Would be interested in this too if it existed. I saw some genuine stuff, don't remember what it was called anymore which worked like an output device and first you had to run it through some very extensive setup to adjust the HRTF to your OWN ears. 

The prob here was the sound quality though, sounded horrible to my ears but at that point it was still very early in the development. Maybe it has been improved these days.

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 9
Are you speaking about the SVS Realiser? It's a HP amp with two microphone that you have to record your room and speakers through to record your headshape, speaker sound and room acoustic reflections, and while listenning you stick a position captor to the headband.
It would cost 500$ why not, but the retail is 3 grands.

There is the Phonitor SPL but it is just a crossfeed that serve for sound engineer and nowhere a real HRTF. 2000$

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #4 of 9
No I'm not speaking of that, I'm speaking of a software solution, like I said "output device", you even change it in windows control panel to this specific output device so all sounds will be ran through this config on your computer. Can't remember what it's called though but for me the sound quality wasn't good enough, it worked nicely for gaming but yea I thought it came with a too big sound quality impact for my liking.

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 9
Head-Fit?

Then there's Toneboosters Isone and Dolby Headphone (I'm surprised you didn't mention your work on the latter)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 6, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #6 of 9
Didn't notice the headphone supremus rank
biggrin.gif

Maybe you guys know the IRCAM? It's a sound research institute in Paris, the building was designed by Renzo Piano, it's well known.
Why quick searching for HRTF, I haven't found lots of substential ressources, but it seems IRCAM released public a HRTF plugin, but it's for mac I guess, the archive is 7z format.
Knowing the reknown of IRCAM it must be something!

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #7 of 9
Apr 6, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
Do you mean something like this?: www.myears.net.au/

Yea that was the one I think I tried but was dissappointed with the sound quality.

If you only need it for music listening purposes (I was personally looking for gaming) I strongly recommend my custom dolby headphone foobar2000 config.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #9 of 9
Oh you did it that's impressive! I think I have yet to try it. Will get back to you, that's great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back