Looking for a headphone/Earphone/IEM
May 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rallerbabz

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I'm currently looking around for a good quality headphone for my father, hopefully someone is willing to help :)

First of all, he has a hear impairing so while he may not be able to hear all tones as good, it needs still needs to be high quality so he can hear the tones as clearly as possible. It's going to be used for all kind of things; music and movies while taking the train 45 minutes each way, each day to work as well as communication on Skype sometimes. A mic is not necessary, however it doesn't hurt at all as long as it is built in. Since he's travelling from and to work, it needs to be of good build quality as well. Last but not least, the budget is below ~100 euro/[size=inherit]140 dollars[/size]. I'm buying from Denmark, so it needs to be available there. Oh and something else pretty important is that he is using his Nokia Lumia 1520 as source and does not want to carry around with an AMP. This is pretty important.

I've already got recommended ATH-M50 and Koss DJ100. ATH-M50 is slightly above my budget tho, so I'm leaning towards Koss DJ100. I read that it doesnt have the best sound compared to other headphones in the same price range tho.

PS; whether it is Headphones/Earphones/In-Ear monitors is irrelevant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back