looking for a good laptop bag, need advice
Mar 14, 2004 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

dougbrad81

100+ Head-Fier
hi,
i'm looking for a new laptop bag that i will use to carry my laptop and a bel canto dac 2 on my travels. my laptop measures 14" x 12.5" x 2.5". the bel canto measures 3.6" x 9" x 3.6". i had my mind set on this bag http://www.ebags.com/High_Sierra/A_T...?ModelID=8552#

but sadly it's out of stock. any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. by the way i would like one that is under $100.

Mar 14, 2004 at 8:07 AM Post #3 of 26
I use backpack. Do you consider one?

TPEB01_cases_a.jpg

Mar 14, 2004 at 4:44 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by MichaelFranks
Not sure if you can snag it for 100$, but you should look into the Swiss Army WebMaster, it comes with a padded suspension pouch that will hold your laptop. Plenty of space, expandable, lifetime warranty (I think) and so on...

hi,
i just search for the back you mention, and the prices are to high for me. damn nice bag, though. is my budget to low for a decent laptop bag?

Mar 14, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #8 of 26
Mar 14, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Oops didn't see no backpack bit.

actually i'm open to backpack suggestions now. i'm desperate for anything that is affordable and will fit my laptop and bel canto while providing protection.

sleepkyng, nismo96,
thanks for the suggestions, but those two bags are a bit too small for my laptop. my laptop has a 16.1 screen. it's a sager 8890 so calling it a laptop is a bit misleading i guess. it's more of a desktop replacement. so far the only bag that looks roomy enough for it is this one http://www.ebags.com/sumdex/computer...?modelid=13704
but i'm concern it doesn't give sufficent protection.

Mar 14, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #12 of 26
anyone ever ordered from datavis.com? they have the bag i have my eye on, but i'm not sure about their reliability.

Mar 15, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #13 of 26
I've personally seen those High-Sierra bags--while they look and sound awesome, protection wise they are kind of slim for a laptop...I did notice someone mentioned the Vicorinox bag (forget the name) those are VERY good--although it is just a laptop sleeve,you'd still need to slip it into a backpack. Personally, I use a Targus backpack laptop case which I find extremely useful, but I understand you are anti-backpack.

Mar 15, 2004 at 2:52 PM Post #14 of 26
The problem with laptop bags is that they look too much like laptop bags. And, in an urban or academic environment, it attracts theives. Laptops seem to be in high demand in many urban for sale boards. Seems it's a necessity now for students.
I would just use a protective sleeve in a beat up old bag with lots of exterior pockets.

Mar 15, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by dougbrad81
thanks for the reply. not looking for a backpack type though. my main concern is providing adequate protection for the laptop. do you think this back http://www.ebags.com/sumdex/computer...?modelid=13704

will suffice?

Hey again Doug!

The Sumdex you show looks very useful but I don't see a good protection on the pics. I like the "suspension" kind thing for it.

I don't have suspension my self but I made a gel bumper for my backpack. I used a gel palm rest inside, on the bottom of the compartment.

Best

Ari

Users who are viewing this thread

Back