Looking for a good DAC under 850€ (+- 1000$)
Mar 13, 2015 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mauriceg

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I am relatively new to HiFi gear, I bought a Lehmann Black Cube Linear today to use with Sennheiser HD650's. I have my turntable hooked up to that setup now, but I would like to be able to use my computer too for playing music so I am looking for a good DAC. I am looking at DAC's that cost 850€ (about 1000$) max. new. However I will be buying used as my budget is a lot lower (under 500€).
I would love to hear some recommendations on what would be my best options in this price range (or a little under this price range too as 500€ is already on the high side at the moment for me I must say).
Are there any DAC's that are very popular at the moment? Or does anyone have good experiances with a certain DAC with a similar setup to mine perhaps?
I will most likely be using my PC's optical out, but perhaps I might want to use the setup with my laptop too, which only has usb ports so a usb input is not required for me but it would be a plus.
All advice would be very much appreciated!
Thanks,
Maurice

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 4
For 500 Euros you can get a state of the art monitor controller, headphone amp and audio interface combined. Brand spanking new.

Since you asked for optical S/PDIF take a look at this one. Matches with your headamp too.

http://audient.com/products/id22

Audient id22. 450 Euros mail order from Thomann.

Alternatively why not just plug your headphones into your laptop and see what it sounds like. Should be fine on a recent machine. (ALC 889 or later).

Mar 14, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Check out the Dangerous Music Source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back