Looking for a good car mount to hold my iPod + YoTank case + E12 Amp
Feb 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

subver

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, so I just got a new car (2007 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition) and was looking for a good mount for my iPod. Only problem is it is a pretty big bundle (iPod classic + YoTank [very heavy] + FiiO E12 amp)

I have a couple in mind but don't really know if they will hold something so heavy.

Has anyone else been down this road? I think ideally a cup holder mount would be best, but I was looking at ones that insert into your CD slot as well that might be cool, but the cup holder one is in a better spot for me. I guess that can all come secondary, though, if they don't hold my audio bundle.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 3
For anyone wondering, I ended up ordering this one from Amazon. It looks sturdier and looks like it'll fit the amp and iPod.. only thing I'm kind of worried about is the weight of the devices pulling on the little tabs that go in the CD player - but I will check it out and let you guys know, if anyone is interested.

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #3 of 3
In case anyone was wondering, I managed to work it out.
I took the metal insert from a windshield wiper and bent it into an appropriate shape, then I used heat shrink tubing to make padded feet. The metal loops around where the dock attaches to the CD slit part.
It works great!

8MZkkFW.jpg

(The second photo actually doesn't have the feet in it, but you can't really see it with the iPod+amp docked anyway. The feet come between the amp and iPod)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back