looking for a DAC 600$ max
Jan 20, 2012 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

bayerty

New Head-Fier
im looking for a good DAC with a decent price 600$max to go with my bayerdynamic T1 and my Schiit lyr amp dont sugest the Schiit bifrost it is out of stock thanks for further helps guys!

if you have no sugestion can you give me some site where i can buy audio equipment. 

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #6 of 15

Quote:
i just look and sadly i cannot buy it - -i live in canada and it doesnt have the option to select canada to where i live.

Harman Kardon HD990 CD Player, two DAC chips.

It's get optical & coaxial digital input, could be use as DAC.

Amzon can find cheaper price or used one.

Not sure how good is HK did.

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #8 of 15
All disc players and other digital sources have an internal DAC.  A standalone DAC improves on that by offering a better power supply, improved digital filtering and input section, and analog output section.  But the bottom line is if your source is digital, somewhere it's being converted to analog so your amplifier can amplify it and send it to your speakers/headphones.

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #9 of 15
Try rein audio x dac . Slightly over your budget but well worth .
cheers

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #11 of 15
What are your input requirements?  If USB is an option, maybe the iBasso D7 to get you started?  Very reasonable price, RCA outputs, built in headphone amp.  Async USB with 24/192 using the very well regarded XMOS chip.

http://ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=77

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #12 of 15
DAC's only:
Audio GD NFB 3.1
Cambridge DacMagic (also has balanced outs, if you ever decide to go that route). 
Music Hall DAC 25.3
Arcam rDac Solo
Musical Fidelity V-DAC Mk II

Lower price options for USB only:
HRT Music Streamer II
DACPort LX

DAC + Headamp options:
Yulong D100
Matrix Mini-i
Audio GD NFB-5
Audio GD NFB-10SE (balanced DAC and balanced headamp) - would be a great high power SS counterpart to the Lyr. 

For under $600, If you're perfectly happy with the amp options you have, something like the MusicHall 25.3 or DacMagic are the way I would go. If adding a balanced SS amp into the mix is attractive as a bonus to a very capable DAC, I'd get the Audio GD-10SE

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #13 of 15
The DacMagic plus is around $600 IIRC.  It should be pretty good if the popular reception of the original DacMagic is any indicator.  I haven't heard it though so this is just a guess.

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #14 of 15

Quote:
What are your input requirements?  If USB is an option, maybe the iBasso D7 to get you started?  Very reasonable price, RCA outputs, built in headphone amp.  Async USB with 24/192 using the very well regarded XMOS chip.

http://ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=77

i dont need the fonction of an amp since i have an amp with my sound card and my schiit lyr  im looking for coax input :)to RCA surely

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #15 of 15

Quote:
DAC's only:
Audio GD NFB 3.1
Cambridge DacMagic (also has balanced outs, if you ever decide to go that route). 
Music Hall DAC 25.3
Arcam rDac Solo
Musical Fidelity V-DAC Mk II

Lower price options for USB only:
HRT Music Streamer II
DACPort LX

DAC + Headamp options:
Yulong D100
Matrix Mini-i
Audio GD NFB-5
Audio GD NFB-10SE (balanced DAC and balanced headamp) - would be a great high power SS counterpart to the Lyr. 

For under $600, If you're perfectly happy with the amp options you have, something like the MusicHall 25.3 or DacMagic are the way I would go. If adding a balanced SS amp into the mix is attractive as a bonus to a very capable DAC, I'd get the Audio GD-10SE

music hall and cambridge seems nice i was looking for those at the begin and after that i decide to ask on headfi we never know sometime there is some better product that we dont know yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back