Looking for a comfort and quality upgrade from my PRO700MK2's
May 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BassHeadJim

New Head-Fier
Hi people,

As the title suggests, I am finding my PRO700MK2's very uncomfortable, especially after a full day at work.
I have already swapped out the pads for M50 ones, but it's not enough.
Oh, and of course I've read this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/414574/velour-felt-pads-for-ath-m50/285

I'd really like something more comfortable, and preferably a step up in terms of quality.
I don't want to give up (too much) bass, and I'm a fan of removable cables (although this isn't a deal breaker).
Tight, punchy, toneful bass is very important to me, but so are vocals. I'd also like something with a wider sound stage.
Oh, and since I listen primarily at work, closed back with good isolation is also a must.

I've been doing some reading, and the Denon D1100's and / or HP600's sound like they have potential.

I'd be prepared to spend up to around $250 / €200.

All suggestions and links to reviews would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

May 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 4
I forgot to mention I have a Fiio E11 so amping is no problem. I also have a Cowon C2 which drives my PRO700's just fine on it's own.

Oh, and I just had a moment of weakness. Amazon.co.uk is selling the D1100's for £60 so I took a punt. If I don't like them I can always return them.

I'm still looking for advice though! From the reviews I've read I'm not sure the D1100's are going to be much of an upgrade (apart from comfort) and most reviewers on Amazon say the build quality sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back