Looking for a chi-fi with some ambient leakage. ZS6 or?
Apr 15, 2018 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stubish

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Long time lurker!

I'm currently running SE215's with spinfits on stage a bit but I"m finding myself wanting to be a little more connected to what's going on...

I was considering the new westone AM pro 30's or pie in the sky some 64's or Empire Ears with the diaphragms. The budget is not quite there right now.

I thought I might take a punt on some chi-fi. I see the ZS6 have a port, is there any others I should be thinking about? I see the phonograph.net review of the ZS10 says they are even more leaky than the ZS6, how could this be? The 'ports' on the ZS10 seem to be up against your ear...

Anyway, any advice or first hand accounts of any experience with this would be most appreciated!

Peace

Apr 16, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 7
Nice picks. Thanks. They might be a bit too open. I'm still looking for some attenuation to cut the house volume. is there any numbers on how much they attenuate? Actaully numbers on the ZS6's attenuation would be amazing if available (I've not found any).

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 7
Looks like the dunu titan 1 has around 12db of external noise attenuation and since the fiio ex1 is a copy of the dunu's they should have the same isolation. I couldn't find specs for attenuation on the zs6 but according to massdrop they supposedly have "active noise cancelling" although from what I can find they leak/let in as much noise as the average iem.

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #6 of 7
I haven't tried them personally but the dunu titan 1and fiio ex1(dunu titan copy) are basically semi open iems.
Speaking of semi open iems, the Superlux HD381/F/B are a cheaper option, albeit with not the best build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back