Looking for a CD player.........
Mar 4, 2003 at 12:44 AM Post #16 of 28
I live 1 hour from the warehouse, so shipping is 5 dollars and it gets here one day after they ship it. I could also go up there and get it.

Mar 4, 2003 at 5:06 AM Post #19 of 28
OakIris and Whitebread,

Yes you guys should give yp your searches for a really good sounding modern CD player. This reason being is because they simply doesn't exist anymore. Don't let it bum you out too much though...your best bet would be to buy any Sony and use the line out or go for one of the older Sony models. The saying that says, "they don't make em like they use to," applies very much to current CD players!

Mar 4, 2003 at 1:04 PM Post #20 of 28
My dad won't care, knowing him, he won't be able to tell the difference between his old D-345 and a newer player. If the player was for me, then I'd get something else, an older player.

Mar 4, 2003 at 2:52 PM Post #21 of 28
Whitebread,

I'm confused.. in the first post you made, you stated, "Needs to have goos quality sound from the internal amp, line out isn't needed." and now, "My dad won't care, knowing him, he won't be able to tell the difference between his old D-345 and a newer player."

If your dad won't care, why bother? Run down the street to Best Buy and grab a PCDP that's like 50 bucks. It's new, and it's going to sound the same (or at the very least, similar to) as the $100 model. If you're not out for sound quality, doesn't need MP3 playback, and all the bells and whistles, then it should do.

If you look carefully on eBay, you can find NIB old discmen. It happens. So depending on how quickly you [or he] wants it, you could hang out on eBay and see if another D-345 or other older/better model shows up.

Mar 4, 2003 at 2:59 PM Post #22 of 28
Kinda contradicted myself there. Well, I need a player that has good sound quality, but is a new model that was made recently. I'm not looking to go for an older model, eventhough it will sound better than the new suff. My dad's ears aren't good enough to desern, nor care, about the difference between a good new player and an old player. It's kinda hard to explain. Like, my IMP-400 is considered to be one of the best sounding players made in recent years, although, older players still sound better than it. I just need something that sounds good, but doesn't have to be as good as the old stuff.

I'll make 1 exception though, if I can find an older player for cheep, and it's new in box, then I'll pick it up.

Mar 4, 2003 at 5:44 PM Post #23 of 28
Here's two SL-CT570's.. one for each of ya.
wink.gif

[Disclaimer.. these aren't my auctions. I'm not affiliated with either auctioneer.. Buy at your own risk.. yada yada]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15054

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15054

smily_headphones1.gif

[And hey.. it's still within the $100 budget.
smily_headphones1.gif
]

Mar 4, 2003 at 6:07 PM Post #24 of 28
Does anyone know anything about Philips players?

All I read is pana, sony and radio shack. Doesn't philps sell in the US? Overhere philips is as big as sony as it comes to popularity in electronics.
But I only have experiances with a Philips TV's and some stuff my father owned when i was little but i don't remember the quality of it (I was 5 yrs old)

Mar 5, 2003 at 12:50 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Yes you guys should give up your searches for a really good sounding modern CD player. This reason being is because they simply doesn't exist anymore.

frown.gif

Well, I have purchased a Sony D-EJ915 from a fellow Head-Fi member, and also ordered a Sony D-25s from a place in California - Silicon Salvage in Anaheim, Ca. 714-523-2425 - that he hooked me up with. The D25s are brand new in the box, only $45 + shipping. You might want to check this deal out, Whitebread. I've read good things about the D25s PCDP here, so hope to be pleased with it. Guess I'll find out!

vwrap - thanks for the link to the CT-570 auctions. I'm going to have to skip it because I'm already over my budget limit. (Way over - also bought a pair of Sony Eggo D66 and a pair of AT W1000 headphones, + an amp, and.... My wallet is going to leave me.
eek.gif
)

Mar 5, 2003 at 1:15 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by OakIris
frown.gif

Well, I have purchased a Sony D-EJ915 from a fellow Head-Fi member, and also ordered a Sony D-25s from a place in California - Silicon Salvage in Anaheim, Ca. 714-523-2425 - that he hooked me up with. The D25s are brand new in the box, only $45 + shipping. You might want to check this deal out, Whitebread. I've read good things about the D25s PCDP here, so hope to be pleased with it. Guess I'll find out!

vwrap - thanks for the link to the CT-570 auctions. I'm going to have to skip it because I'm already over my budget limit. (Way over - also bought a pair of Sony Eggo D66 and a pair of AT W1000 headphones, + an amp, and.... My wallet is going to leave me.
eek.gif
)

Keep in mind that, for some unknown reason, Silicon Salvage has TWO auctions with TWO DIFFERENT "Buy-It-Now" prices. They have one at $45 and one at $40. KEEP THAT IN MIND when you are using the Buy-It-Now option.

They are the SAME PLAYER.

... just a thought to consider ..
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2003 at 2:07 AM Post #27 of 28
Hmmm - I just called them on the phone and made the order - didn't even check to see if they had a Web site, and no mention was made of an auction!
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back