Looking for a bassy cable to recable my headphone
Dec 2, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #16 of 25
Tell us how it goes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #17 of 25
I have heard that the D1001s get noticably better with a recable, so good luck! When you've got them open, you might want to consider "markl" modding them with some dynamat. I've been tempted to order some myself as these cans' resonance is a bit out of control at times.

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturnalsheet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks all for your help.

i am on a budget so all i can afford for now is a recable.

my setup is ipod>ALO Cryo SXC 22G LOD>ibasso D3 python>d1001

i tried the d1001 on the voyager and i love the bass quantity. however i am unable to change my amp to the voyager at the moment.

thus i am looking to recable my d1001 to have more bass quantity.

any suggestions for the cable choice?

thanks

Too bad you didnt use the money you spent on the over priced ALO dock cable to enable you to get the D2000 instead of the D1001.
redface.gif
I just cant beleive what people spend on all that over hyped ALO stuff, bunch or fairy dust BS.

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

i got my LOD for $30.
biggrin.gif

From ALO Audio? Strange, cause his least expensive LOD seems to be the Bling Bling Dock at $55...

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

second hand price from a dear friend of mine.

u cant find this price for such stuff anywhere else.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Ok, I am with you...

Dec 14, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

i know, in the meantime i am going to try recable it myself.

the cost will not be a lot and i will be getting the improvements that i need.

thanks for the help guys. think i most probably going with Canare L-4E5C cable unless you guys have a better suggestions.

thanks for the help so far. i'm sticking with my d1001 for the time being.

Get a Creative Aurvana Live! No, seriously, according to those who heard the two side by side they are almost the same sounding (they use the exact same driver units) but it is more bass-heavy and cheaper so it clearly offers better value. I can certainly confirm that it has a lot of bass(I could hardly imagine the need for more than that). For me, it is more bass heavy than the already bassy D2000. Can't image a different cable would make more bass, it rather refines the sound. For example I think better separation would be nice so I will definitely look for a new cable now or later if it does that. Or you can try the Markl-type mods without stuffing the cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back