Looking for 500$ USB to S/PDIF transport
May 7, 2011 at 8:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FOXY

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Looking for 500$ USB to S/PDIF transport for me mhdt havana dac.

What is recommended?

audiophilleo 2 seems like interesting product..

May 20, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 8
I think the halide bridge is quite good. Its the easiest to setup and requires no other cables like the others. having no other cables not only saves you money, it gives you peace of mind not having to worry about if the usb/digital cable is holding back your system or if buying a different one will give you better sound. Plug both ends in and be done with it.

May 20, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #7 of 8
X2

I own the Halide Bridge and in my system is outperforms the M2Tech hiFace, making it sound very artificial in the upper midrange and higher frequencies. Although the hiFace has a bit more dynamic punch and PRAT. I thought at first it had more air and top end extension but really its just artifical sparkle.

My Bel Canto USB Link sounds a little bit more substantial, maybe a little bit more dynamics but the Halide Bridge does sound better overall than the Bel Canto as well.

I think you should really try both the Audiophilleo and Halide Design Bridge, as they both provide trial periods. Buy both and keep the one you enjoy more.

Most of Dave Clark's (Positive Feedback) reviews are very similiar to my findings.
Heres an article to read:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue51/usb_converters.htm

Quote:
I think the halide bridge is quite good. Its the easiest to setup and requires no other cables like the others. having no other cables not only saves you money, it gives you peace of mind not having to worry about if the usb/digital cable is holding back your system or if buying a different one will give you better sound. Plug both ends in and be done with it.

May 20, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #8 of 8
The Evo is better than the HiFace and way better with a proper supply. There is no hint of the "aggressiveness" that HiFace has on higher frequencies, more detailed etc. etc... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back