looking for 40$ earphones
May 18, 2011 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

SupErioR777

New Head-Fier
Hello, im looking for about 40$ earphones for rock and metal music. i did a little research, and found those earphones:
Xears Bullet XB120PRO
MEElectronics Ai-M6 / M6
Brainwavz M1

what do you think is the best for rock/metal music?
By the way, i saw that xears have many good IEM in 40$ price. Is there any other xears IEM that is better than the IEM above?

May 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #3 of 13
I have never been good at pairing earphones with genres. Maybe a little more information about what sound signature you like would help. Like if vocals are important to you then the M6 might not be your best choice since it has a recessed midrange. Or if you like a lot of bass the M1 might not have enough for your taste. You get the idea. Apart from that I would say you might want to consider MEElectronics newer models like the M21 instead of the M6. Also, if you need or do not mind a mic this is a great deal on the Maximo iP-HS5 (iM-590 with a mic).

May 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #4 of 13
I want to hear the drums well, and i like bass.
if i buy those maximo earphones, will i be able to use it on my normal mp3(not phone)? can i use them with any cell phone?

And about the deal in groupon, i searched the website, but i didnt find where they can send the earphones, and how much is the shipping.

And one more thing, till when i can buy the maximo earphones?

Thanks.

May 19, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #5 of 13
Of those three I have only heard the M6, but it does drums well IMO and I believe it has the most bass of the three (too much for my taste, I have to EQ it down.)

It depends on the player. Some players work fine with mic'd sets, but others do not. I have tried I half a dozen or so mic'd sets on my Sansa Clip and all have worked fine. I would suggest researching your player and see if you can find out. (And/or posting it here and seeing if anyone knows.) Phones are similar, some work, some do not. In both cases though most recent player and phones will work.

Now that you mention it I do not see where it says either. It says shipping is included in the cost though and I believe Groupon is US only, so probably anywhere in the US (it says tax in WA, so this likely).

The deal should have ended two days ago but is still alive though. I guess they did not sell all of them so they left it up? For how long though who knows.

May 19, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #7 of 13
Of the earphones I own, the MEElectronics CW31 and Maximo iM-590 are my favorites in this price range. Both are over $40 though unless you get them on sale like I did. That said, if you want a balanced pair like them you should probably just get the Brainwavz M1 since it is cheaper and just as good from what I have read. Nevertheless, the CW31 is warm and great for vocals whereas the iM-590 is crisp and good for electric guitars. That is the biggest difference between the two in my opinion. For a more bass heavy pair the MEElectronics M6 is probably my favorite pair I own. I would even go so far as to say I prefer it over the Klipsch S4. That said, I have trouble getting a good fit with the M6 and recessed midrange bugs me since I really like my vocals. (Hence the preference of the CW31 and iM-590.) The MEElectronics M11+ sort of solves both of these has it sounds a lot like a refined M6 and is easier to fit. But when it costs twice the price of the M6 I have a hard time recommending it--especially with MEElectronics newer offerings out there. My only other advice would to watch the deals thread for a good deal. I picked up the $80 MEElectronics CC51 for only $46 this week. Not bad. Maybe someone else who has heard other earphones will suggest some.

May 21, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
I want to hear the drums well, and i like bass.
if i buy those maximo earphones, will i be able to use it on my normal mp3(not phone)? can i use them with any cell phone?

And about the deal in groupon, i searched the website, but i didnt find where they can send the earphones, and how much is the shipping.

And one more thing, till when i can buy the maximo earphones?

Thanks.

Are you interested in IEM's only? I tried the Maximo 590's and soon sent them back to Amazon. The routine required to seat them was a PIA to me and no matter which silicone tip I tried could not get good results. They had good sound, just bass kept 
falling off as they moved slightly in ear.

If you want to try an on ear pair and like bass the Koss Porta-Pro's are great. Styling is Old School, but very durable. Toss in lifetime warranty and I have been pleased with mine.

May 21, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #9 of 13
I'd consider risking the MEElec M-what promo this weekend, maybe even two - best case scenario is a CC51 or SP51 which are both better than what you've listed. Worst case looks like CX21 or M31... totally different earphones but both are decent value for $20.

Xears in-ears are difficult to discuss since the price fluctuates wildly. A couple of days ago the Resonance was in your price range but now it's back up to ~40EUR.

May 21, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #10 of 13
Are you interested in IEM's only? I tried the Maximo 590's and soon sent them back to Amazon. The routine required to seat them was a PIA to me and no matter which silicone tip I tried could not get good results. They had good sound, just bass kept
falling off as they moved slightly in ear.

I used mine with Sony Hybrids to get a good fit.

But I think |joker| has a good suggestion there. I have the CW31 and CC51 and both would be a good deal for $20.

May 22, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #11 of 13
I think ill buy the meewhat, i saw the earphones, and all looking good. Someone bought the meewhat? can i realy get the cc51?

By the way, when i wrote bass, i meant the basses will be heard good, and not the all sound will be bassy (like my crappy cellphone earphones).

May 23, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #12 of 13
yuin g2-a for jut a little more than your asking price, but with a sound better than twice the price

unfortunately, i can't vouch for the genre specifics, save for the fact that they have sounded great with everything i've thrown at them

they're clip-ons, which might be a problem, but cheap headbands can be found

Users who are viewing this thread

Back