Looking for 2.1 speakers (better than my Altec Lansing MX5021)
Nov 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #16 of 21
I bet Logitech has better warranty. They honor their warranties pretty nicely. I had a VX Revolution mouse, it died a month before the warranty period, they sent a new one after a two minute talk. But it seems to be Edifier has better bang for the buck. I have Edifier M3300. It is 40 CAD, 8x2+25 Watts. The bass is a bit bloated (I am not a bass head), but satellites have tweeters and sound really nice unless you crank up the volume a lot. My *guess* is that Logitech will cost you double to get that kind of performance. Risky but might be worth it.

Sorry about Audioengine5's. I have read their specifications again. Somehow I confused things.. Probably because I am no audiophile by any stretch of imagination. They have built-in amps. They are still great speakers but have no subwoofer. They are 350 CAD here, so with an exchange rate of 2-which I made up, I thought they might be almost in your price range.

Anyway, good luck with your decision.

Nov 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #17 of 21
So utkusu, you would get the Edifier over the Logitech then? Problem is, I see many more reviews for the Logitech than I do for the Edifier, so it's a tough choice. How do they compare stat wise? (I would go off now and compare but most stats are meaningless to me)

Nov 29, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #18 of 21
hey, I should warn you. I get a thrill from a good deal. I am neither knowledgeable about the whole audio science thing(seriously, I kinda know what some of the stats mean, but have no idea what they say about audio quality), nor I have never bought any audio equipment that cost more than 60 bucks. What I know is my 40 CAD edifier beats the crap out of the same price logitech (x-240, I think. I bought and returned it. Edifiers sound much better, look much better and they are way better built.) and I have read reviews about how great and cheap edifiers are. (So I am saving up for s330d) Nonetheless, it seems you will definitely get better audio for dollar (or pound) with the Edifiers. So I would go with the edifiers. But it might not be the best for you, especially if you are risk-averse. Logitech backs its products up pretty well. The Z-series logitech's seem to make people happy.

I sometimes have similar dilemmas. good luck, eh?

cheers

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #19 of 21
I found a customer review that compared the S330D to the Creative T3. Although the S330D sounds good, they are not as good as the T3. I've read several comparisons between the Logitech Z-Cinema and the T3, and they are on par with each other from what I read.

Because of this and because of Logitech's 2 year warranty, I will go with the Z-Cinema as my choice of 2.1 speakers. Thanks very much all for your help!

Nov 29, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DynaMike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got the Razer Mako too - brilliant & best 2.1 to buy. Worth every penny - you should continue saving some money & afterwards buy these. You won´t regret it...

Just ordered the Logitech Z-Cinema 2.1 speakers for £90 (p&p included). Thanks all for your comments.

About the Mako, yes I know it's better than the Z-Cinema, T3 and even Promedia but it's out of my price range and the slighly better sound quality isn't worth it for the price. I say slightly better sound according to what hardwarezone.com said about it when they compared 7 sets of 2.1 speakers. £250 is what the Mako cost, compared to the £90 I just spent on the Logitech, that's almost 3 times the cost but is it 3 times as good? no, it's no where near that much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back