Looking at an E-MU 0404 USB, two questions for owners...
Jan 16, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #31 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not only decent, but remarkable!
600smile.gif

.................................................. .......
One thing to remember, the headamp in the 0404 is powered by the 5 VDC wallwart, so it doesn't drive the HD600's to extreme volume....but certainly a listenable volume, no doubt! I am due to receive a pair of K601's next weekend and will report my impressions when appropriate (thanks to Skylab!)
340smile.gif

That's what I wanted to hear
cool.gif

I guess I'll be super OK with my headphones, then. I know my trusty 64-ohm HD280s can be driven easily (even used with my mobile phone). I was mostly worried about the DT770s 250ohm that I'm trying out now and liking them. Was thinking of actually getting a nice customized version from Beyer Manufacture and use them with 0404 for laptop/PC use.
basshead.gif

Now, where's that wallet of mine?

Jan 16, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #32 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No luck with that im afraid, tried for my mobo, win XP, emailed EMU last week, still no word...... tried a new different install of XP..... didnt work either.....

but im not giving up! I still have a plan, which I shall try tomorrow. Cross your fingers and wish me luck, please!

Thanks for your helpful post too sejarzo, but sadly my problem is a lot more serious than that. It just starts crackling, distorting more and more until it becomes a complete mess.... I have no idea why it was working before and then not working now. However I am going to try and 'go back in time' to my old OS on my old hard drive, and see if I can work something out.

Are you using asio and, can you set latency buffers a bit bigger
--> w/ ASIO, try 10ms or more but, do not use too long buffer and
--> w/ other driver modes, try w/ 100-2000ms values (default ~1000 may be too big buffer)?

jiitee

Jan 16, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #33 of 54
I have tried using ASIO, and sadly the problem gets even worse. Changing the buffer time doesnt seem to do a thing.

Jan 16, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #34 of 54
w/ ASIO, did you manage to set the latency time (there is ASIOCaps tool linked in my sig you can use if you don't have any other "ASIO Panel launcher" available there. !! After changing the value, you maybe need to restart Foobar ...)

Also, have you checked from M$ support pages if there are some USB issues fixed ... and are you sure you're using USB 2.0 port (USB 1.1 causes problems, I've read). If you have several USB ports available there, try some other(s) as well ... and check if there are some conflicts/sharing between some 'really active' (hd, graphics, nic, mouse, etc.) device/controller and the USB controller you have connected the E-MU into.

jiitee

EDIT: Have you tried w/ some other players too (I suggest you to try w/ NI TRAKTOR BeatPort Player + native ASIO).

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #35 of 54
just want to say......

I got it working!!!!!\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/
cool.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It turns out..... the issue was with my new sata hard drive. It was hot swappable or something and didnt have the right driver installed for it. Installed something called via hyperionpro and now its working perfectly again!

Blame asrock's stupid site. It told me to get the VIA 4 in 1 driver ver: 4.55s2. Which is old as hell.

Jan 17, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #37 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwormie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just posted my $4000.00 decision in favor of the 0404 usb in the amps forum. I am using it as my only amp now and LOVING it!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219452

I was curious about the DAC that is being used and why it's in the 0404 USB and not the 0202 USB, and while stats don't always tell the story (the analogue components play a role too), here's some links for those who might find it useful.

http://www.akm.com/images/ak4396%20graphic.htm

http://www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/akm/en/new/ak4396.html

http://www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/akm/en/...96/ak4396.html

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #39 of 54
Jan 18, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #40 of 54
Why you have EMU 404 USB + external DAC ?

EMU is a DAC ... it's not as good as your external dac ?

Why you spend money on EMU and not simply connect your external dac to coax digi out from your main board (or usb to spdif to your external dac?

And a simple question .. is EMU permit to hear sound when you play games ? or you need another soundcard for that ?

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #43 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What type of connector do you use between the 0404 USB main out and the home PIMETA? I'm not that familiar with the different kinds of connectors, ins and outs of this equipment. Thanks

My PIMETA has both 1/8" mini TRS and RCA inputs. I have connected the PIMETA to the 1/8" mini TRS main output on the 0404 USB with either a mini-to-mini cable or a mini-to-RCA cable.

I'm going to be fabbing a couple pair of 1/4" TS-to-RCA cables this weekend to use the larger 1/4" TS outputs on the 0404--a short one for using the PIMETA on the road, and a long set to connect the 0404 to my home amps/speakers.

An alternative is to buy some 1/4" TS-to-female RCA adapters, and simply use RCA-to-whatever you have or need cables. (1/4" TS is a mono phone plug--like on an electric guitar cable--just to be clear.)

There are no analog RCA outputs on the 0404--only the s/pdif connections are RCA.

The headphone amp output on the 0404 is a 1/4" TRS connection.

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #44 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by burgunder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyonyone tell me if the HP out on the 0404 pci is the same as the one on the 0404 USB?

There is only Line Out on 0404 PCI.

Jan 19, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #45 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is only Line Out on 0404 PCI.

OK thx to bad actually as I do some gaming on my PC and USB soundcards kill the framerate, I better look for a Juli@ or Prodigy soundcard then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back