Looking at an E-MU 0404 USB, two questions for owners...
Jan 19, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #46 of 54
Juli@ does not have a dedicated HP out either, but ESI Maya44 does.

Jan 20, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman4891 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Juli@ does not have a dedicated HP out either, but ESI Maya44 does.

So now the natural question is if I don't plan to buy an amp in the near future, will I be better of with a soundcard with dedicated HP out like the Maya og Prodigy Hifi or does it not really matter?

Jan 21, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #48 of 54
this sounds like an awesome buy. one question though. if i had a t-amp and bookshelf speakers... how would the emu 0404 connect to my speaker system? and will it be "OK"?

Jan 21, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #49 of 54
I just got my e-mu 0404 usb yesterday, and I absolutely love it. I've been debating for months what to do dac/amp wise for my music box, and this thing fits the bill. I'm driving a pair of Grado 225s with it right now, and when i get my HD580s in ill give those a go.

Jan 21, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #50 of 54
BTW, does E-MU 0404 USB 'driver system' use those same driver .DLL/.SYS names as SB/X-Fi and EMU-PCI(/maybe PCMCIA too) products do use --> meaning, can it be used side by side w/ other Creatives SB/X-Fi/E-MU sound devices w/o issues.

jiitee

Jan 21, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #51 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this sounds like an awesome buy. one question though. if i had a t-amp and bookshelf speakers... how would the emu 0404 connect to my speaker system? and will it be "OK"?

Well, for my amp/speakers I had to buy 1/4" to RCA adapters for the interconnects to the amp, but I would say it sounds at least as good as any other source I have. Only thing is my speakers are notiously difficult to drive, and my amp is possibly not quite up to the quality needed. Thats a seperate issue however.

Jan 21, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #52 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, does E-MU 0404 USB 'driver system' use those same driver .DLL/.SYS names as SB/X-Fi and EMU-PCI(/maybe PCMCIA too) products do use --> meaning, can it be used side by side w/ other Creatives SB/X-Fi/E-MU sound devices w/o issues.

jiitee

Jiiteepee, on my machine the X-Fi XtremeMusic and the EMU 0404 USB get along just fine so far. I can turn off the 0404 USB and then play a game with the X-Fi handling the audio.

Mind you, I've successfully played games using the 0404 USB without a noticable difference in performance, but that probably will depend upon your PC configuration, speed etc.

I'll just add this though....I installed the X-Fi with the drivers only and left out all of the other stuff.

Even with only the drivers installed, the X-Fi still gives you access to it's functions with a simplified tabbed GUI (see below).

AudioConsole.jpg

The "full meal deal" install went to the 0404 USB because that is my priority device.
orphsmile.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #53 of 54
I got the 0404 usb three days ago. It was dead easy to install and it runs fine along with the motherboard built-in Analog Devices Soundmax soundcard. Just selected the 0404 as the default device and it works fine. It drives the DT770/250 fine. It is also larger than I expected !!!

I tried Foobar, J.River Media 12, and WMP11 and all run fine. I especially like J.River with Asio.
basshead.gif

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #54 of 54
Just picked up one of these for pennie, still sounds great...

Using the 0404 USB as an standalone external DAC(without a computer) the optical digital input defaults to 44.1kHz sample rate when switched on, what happens if the upstream device is sending 48kHz or higher, will the 0404 still do the DA conversion albeit at 44.1kHz or will nothing happen and there will be no audio on the analogue outputs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back